Schiit Modi Multibit 2 DAC
May 14, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #1,186 of 1,641
I have to admit, I kind of breathed a sigh of relief when Jason stated in the other thread that they weren't coming out with a MM2 with TI chips. It broke my streak of buying Schiit gear and then Schiit coming out with a new version a couple of months later.
Newer doesn't always mean better.

May 14, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #1,187 of 1,641
Might be an unpopular opinion here but I feel like MM2 even beats BF2/64 in SQ.
DUkNW0eWkAEwyj0.jpeg

May 15, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #1,190 of 1,641
This is a subjective hobby after all. 🤷‍♂️
Totally agree with this. I've learned that I have cheap taste in SOUND SIGNATURE :joy: , as I always prefer the sound signature of cheaper gear somehow. But obviously more expensive / higher end gear generally has better resolution/detail/technicality.

One example is that I prefer the sound of D5200 over D9200 LOL. I also likes the sound signature of SR80i. I really have cheap taste LOL.

As for dac I prefer the sound signature of SDAC more, even though MMB2 obviously is more detailed/technical/resolving. But to me SDAC sounds more musical (rich/thick) for my taste/chain/synergy.

Again I think it's the whole picture that matters, so I'm pretty sure MMB2 pair really well with other headphones/amps combination.

Still trying to find a good middle ground. :sweat_smile:

May 15, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #1,191 of 1,641
Totally agree with this. I've learned that I have cheap taste in SOUND SIGNATURE :joy: , as I always prefer the sound signature of cheaper gear somehow. But obviously more expensive / higher end gear generally has better resolution/detail/technicality.

One example is that I prefer the sound of D5200 over D9200 LOL. I also likes the sound signature of SR80i. I really have cheap taste LOL.

As for dac I prefer the sound signature of SDAC more, even though MMB2 obviously is more detailed/technical/resolving. But to me SDAC sounds more musical (rich/thick) for my taste/chain/synergy.

Again I think it's the whole picture that matters, so I'm pretty sure MMB2 pair really well with other headphones/amps combination.

I prefer the sound of my DT880 600 ohm headphones over my Focal Clear Pros that after two years I finally sold. Some will say it's my cheap headphone amps that I used like the Asgard 3, Vahalla 2, or the Rupert Neve amp.

May 15, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #1,192 of 1,641

If you're talking about cheap, my go to headphones are the Koss KSC75. I've used these more than my HD600.

May 15, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #1,193 of 1,641

I prefer the sound of my DT880 600 ohm headphones over my Focal Clear Pros that after two years I finally sold. Some will say it's my cheap headphone amps that I used like the Asgard 3, Vahalla 2, or the Rupert Neve amp.

If you're talking about cheap, my go to headphones are the Koss KSC75. I've used these more than my HD600.
giphy.webp

May 16, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #1,194 of 1,641

There is no middle ground. There is only future debt or free money looking for a new DAC to be truly free. 🤣

May 17, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,198 of 1,641
Is Schiit Modi Multibit 2 worth getting? I am a bit confused with people claiming that it is not as good as the original one. Are any alternatives there that do not break the bank?
I think it's better than the original Modi multibit. Different strokes for different folks, though.

May 17, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #1,199 of 1,641
Is Schiit Modi Multibit 2 worth getting? I am a bit confused with people claiming that it is not as good as the original one. Are any alternatives there that do not break the bank?
I think it's better than the original Modi multibit. Different strokes for different folks, though.
Yeah I think technicality is definitely better, tonality is different though.

May 17, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #1,200 of 1,641

MM2 has a more neutral and forward sound while old one is more dark sounding. The old model also runs hotter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back