Schiit Modi Multibit 2 DAC
Dec 30, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #166 of 1,649
Listening with the MM2 and the Nitsch Piety...pretty decent pairing here.
Not much difference between NOS and Non NOS here.
Good ole Bill Whithers "I want to Spend The Night ...." really excellent.
Wide open spacious...wonderful recording.
Using Rad 0's...
Ah life is good!
:>)
Alex

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #170 of 1,649
I have Sennheiser Massdrop HD6XX and have never really enjoyed them compared to most of my headphones. They do come alive once I run them with tons of power but they never have ever sounded good out of the single ended outputs of any of my amplifiers.
I just acquired Sennheiser HD600 as a Christmas present to myself. Already, straight out of the box I love the way HD600 makes music sound.
My HD6XX come off as having warmer, and close intimate staging. However, it seems all wrong and flawed compared to what I hear in my higher end headphones that create warmth in a more agreeable manner. My HD600 seem much more open not intimate but wide open stage and clear balanced image. I can't wait to put the HD600 through some amplifiers to hear what it can do. Especially on some tube amps.

The tastefully done, rich and velvety sound of the 650 is an acquired taste in my opinion, after spending a long time getting to really know them everything else just sounds less enjoyable.

Dec 30, 2022 at 11:10 PM Post #171 of 1,649
The tastefully done, rich and velvety sound of the 650 is an acquired taste in my opinion, after spending a long time getting to really know them everything else just sounds less enjoyable.
I guess for some. I used my 650 headphones for a couple of years and they're very good but I like the 600 headphones better. It's all subjective.

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #172 of 1,649
Ah...299$ in US and 450 euros in Europe, this is 60% more expenssive here, so sad, so unfair. With VAT and customs fees it should be 25-30% more, but 60%?
For example Valhalla 2 is 399$ and 429 euros.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #174 of 1,649
Test Listening this morning with MMB2 and the Schiit Magni 3 + vs Nitsch Piety.
Level matched and using the Schiit Sys for switching.
Jriver Music Player this am.
My Oreo Cookie test stack!

Results are close but the Piety is just a tad softer all around.
The Magni 3 + is indeed a tad sharper or clean all around.
Both are great.
Depends on your cans and source material to break the tie.
The MMB2 dac is working flawlessly here.
Most listening is done of course with cans on, but if u do switch tunes with different
resolution/sample freq u will hear a relay click. Normal.

1672500700749.png

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #175 of 1,649
My Mimby 2 should be here next week! Very excited to hear how it pairs with my piety, and also to see if I can tell a difference between piety on motu m2, qudelix, or mimby 2!

Dec 31, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #177 of 1,649
Congrats!
Enjoy the music and have fun!
:>)
Thanks! Please commence the traditional audiophile prayer, ritual and sacrifice to help speed up shipping for my Mimby 2 🙏

Dec 31, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #178 of 1,649
Test Listening this morning with MMB2 and the Schiit Magni 3 + vs Nitsch Piety.
Level matched and using the Schiit Sys for switching.
Jriver Music Player this am.
My Oreo Cookie test stack!

You should turn your SYS volume up all the way if you're just using it as a switcher, otherwise you'll be throwing away over half of the MM2's output level if you leave its volume knob centered.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #179 of 1,649
@XERO1

With the SYS, there is no audible difference in SPL that I can hear or measure at 12 O'Clock vs at 5 O'clock full clockwise.
I dont like to turn a pot to its extreme if not really needed.
Interesting....

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #180 of 1,649
@XERO1

With the SYS, there is no audible difference in SPL that I can hear or measure at 12 O'Clock vs at 5 O'clock full clockwise.
I dont like to turn a pot to its extreme if not really needed.
Interesting....
The sys is fully passive, no amp involved. You should be good to turn it up all the way👍

Just lets the full current through, as opposed to restricting it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back