Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Nov 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #1,882 of 3,541
Quote:

IMO the arrow must be pointed to the amp...so DAC Black Dragon -->> AMP 

Does it make a difference  ? like the sound ? and when its balanced you move the Switch to balanced right ? and balanced means you connect the red which is the right side right ? like the balanced cables , black is left and red is right ?

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #1,884 of 3,541
Quote:
Does it make a difference  ? like the sound ? and when its balanced you move the Switch to balanced right ? and balanced means you connect the red which is the right side right ? like the balanced cables , black is left and red is right ?

yes the red is right and black/white is left..yup i switched it to balanced..for differences i don't really know because my Neotech NEI-3001 also have the arrow and the end its the male xlr plug which is connected to the Mjolnir/amp
Quote:
Norse audio sounds good ?

sure it does...i'm happy with the sound..

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #1,887 of 3,541
Then I would check with Jason. That combo gets really hot even when the amp is on top. I can only imagine how hot it is when reversed.

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #1,889 of 3,541
By placing the DAC on top you are restricting airflow to the amp. Ultimately? It probably doesn't even matter. These units use the case as a heatsink, and therefore can easily dissipate their heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back