Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Aug 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #511 of 3,541
By pairing, I think he means synergy. Power is not everything. It certainly is a requirement for the HE6 though.

Also, just because a "good" pairing sounds good to one, does not necessarily mean it will sound good to others, hence the reason why it's so "difficult" to find a "good pairing" [for your own taste.]
a good pairing

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #513 of 3,541
Quote:
By pairing, I think he means synergy. Power is not everything. It certainly is a requirement for the HE6 though.

Also, just because a "good" pairing sounds good to one, does not necessarily mean it will sound good to others, hence the reason why it's so "difficult" to find a "good pairing" [for your own taste.]

Synergy isn't hard either when it comes to speaker amps. I've had great results with at least 10-15 amps I've either owned or listened to the he6 on. And I disagree with your pairing and synergy analogy. They both go hand in hand. If the synergy isn't there, it's not going to be a good paring. If it's a good pairing, then synergy will also be there as well. There's no such thing as a good pairing with bad synergy.

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #514 of 3,541
Quote:
I personally think the Lyr struggles with the He6. They still have more to give IMO.

The HE-6 doesn't clip, right? Of course, the HE-6 really needs more than the Lyr to sound optimal. Hello, Mjolnir! (hopefully)

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #515 of 3,541
I think that to make the Lyr/ He6 combo clip you would have to have the cans off your head but it just doesn't fill out the bass as well as the HE6 can give. The Moljnir should help out quite a bit.

And if that doesn't do the trick...the line up with me for the Statement amp. 4 months and counting....:)

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #516 of 3,541
You missed my point that what sounds good to one will not necessarily sound good to another.
I'm guessing that's because you thought "one" meant amp, but I mean "one" as a person.
Quote:

Synergy isn't hard either when it comes to speaker amps. I've had great results with at least 10-15 amps I've either owned or listened to the he6 on. And I disagree with your pairing and synergy analogy. They both go hand in hand. If the synergy isn't there, it's not going to be a good paring. If it's a good pairing, then synergy will also be there as well. There's no such thing as a good pairing with bad synergy.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #518 of 3,541
Sure. I was just confused because I never made an analogy with "good pairing" and "synergy." I thought I implied they're congruous, just that "good" to someone doesn't mean it's going to be "good" to someone else automatically, due to differences preference.
Quote:
No it didn't miss your point and it's just best to agree to disagree and move on since this isn't an he6 thread. This is a discussion for another forum.

Mjolnir vs. Arete? Hopefully someone who's heard the Arete can do a brief comparison --without the Volcano that is. Bonus if it's with an LCD-2.

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #519 of 3,541
Quote:
By pairing, I think he means synergy.

Quote:
Sure. I was just confused because I never made an analogy with "good pairing" and "synergy."

confused_face(1).gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #521 of 3,541
Purely on spec... if we agree the Audeze cans can need 1W, the HE-6 by default would need 20W.  I won't see my Mjolnir for a month but when I do expect direct comparison to the Apex Peak and comparisons to the others by referring to my notes from their reviews.

Aug 7, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #522 of 3,541
Quote:

I'm trying to find out about Class D vs. Class A speaker amps to drive the HE-6.  Have any one heard a difference in lets say "synergy"?

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #523 of 3,541
The jury still seems to be out on the Mjolnir/HE6 combo, but I have a good feeling about it. And although I haven't heard it, I would add an LCD3 to the mix. I do have experience with LCD2, HD800, HE6.

I am going for the hd 800 , here in spain is half the price of the others :D

But Jason told me I would need a special cable to conect with mjolnir , can you , please ,recomend me a good value, brand or model ?? promise to be the last off topic question¡¡¡

Thanks a lot ¡¡ Cant wait to have my system¡¡:)

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #524 of 3,541
Quote:
I am going for the hd 800 , here in spain is half the price of the others
biggrin.gif

But Jason told me I would need a special cable to conect with mjolnir , can you , please ,recomend me a good value, brand or model ?? promise to be the last off topic question¡¡¡
Thanks a lot ¡¡ Cant wait to have my system¡¡
smily_headphones1.gif

I have HD-650s,  sourced some cables from toxic cables:

http://toxic-cables.co.uk/

They get a very good name (Although am still waiting for my Mjolnir,  so cant confirm this personally,  but look at this thread,  http://www.head-fi.org/t/609155/toxic-cables-the-appreciation-thread , he gets loads of great feedback).  I just told him what headphones I have and what I wanted to connect to,  he then gave me the options.  Took about three weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back