Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Jul 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #121 of 3,541
Quote:
Because what happens when you run a single-ended input into a differential amp? A differential output. What happens when you run a differential signal into a differential amp? A differential output.

Which means, ironically, no difference.
biggrin.gif

Have a great and safe Fourth, Jason!

se

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #122 of 3,541
Colour me Captain Oblivious completely forgot its the 4th.  Explains why things are quiet.  Though might liven up as alcohol levels rise and the Head-Fi itch strikes :p

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #125 of 3,541
Should see my F5 key from wondering what the #*!! Montreal is doing with my HD800 that is taking 5 days /grrr

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #126 of 3,541
Quote:
 Because what happens when you run a single-ended input into a differential amp? A differential output. What happens when you run a differential signal into a differential amp? A differential output.

If you were able to measure both sides of this balanced amp to ground, and drove it with a single ended input
and had the correct equipment you would be able to see a very slight change in amplitide of both sides.
Just like all the stax amps. Balanced input from a balanced source is always preferable.

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #127 of 3,541
Quote:

If you were able to measure both sides of this balanced amp to ground, and drove it with a single ended input
and had the correct equipment you would be able to see a very slight change in amplitide of both sides.
Just like all the stax amps. Balanced input from a balanced source is always preferable.

Yeppers!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #128 of 3,541
Quote:
Thanks for that.  Needless to say its been a while since my EE schooling and even then don't think CSPP was covered.  Now has that metal coming?

I'll know a lot more by Friday. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #134 of 3,541
Got a $800 bonus at work today. Ill give you guys one guess what website i visited first upon finding this out?

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I pre-ordered the Mjolnir. Asking for a black chassis.. I figured the chassis was a long shot but is worth the try, all my other gear is black so i would really like this amp to match...

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #135 of 3,541
Work is the curse of the drinking class!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back