Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Dec 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #1,936 of 3,541
lookie what showed up this morning :D

One thing i did find funny though is that Schiit made a bit of a copy paste error in the manual. in the FAQ under "What if my cables are attached to my headphones?" it references the Lyr rather than the mjolnir.

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #1,937 of 3,541
Because you only have a short time to enjoy Mojo before _ampStatement. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #1,939 of 3,541
I in the process upgrading to Gungnir & Mjolnir combo.

And I m DIY-ing the balance interconnect.
Can someone pls tell me, with this combo, what will be the recommended shortest length?

Appreciated...

Happy listening.....

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #1,940 of 3,541
Quote:
I in the process upgrading to Gungnir & Mjolnir combo.

And I m DIY-ing the balance interconnect.
Can someone pls tell me, with this combo, what will be the recommended shortest length?

Appreciated...

Happy listening.....

Will you be stacking this Schiit?

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #1,942 of 3,541
Quote:
Yes, i will be stacking with DAC at bottom and the Amp on top as recommended

0.5m gives a nice fit without excess cable spilling over.

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #1,943 of 3,541
Paradoxper,

Sorry but 0.5M is kind of long isnt it...
The problem that I having is, the unit will be kind of close to the wall on the desktop table.
I wouldnt want to flex the cable left or right, so I will want to keep it on the shortest length,... I mean just nice not to kink the cable.. so i really want it short.... really really short.. 

Schiit, is selling the PYST RCA cable at 0.2M length, (not stated on the web, but read someone mentioned it) so I just wondering...
this is like an excess of 0.3M..

what you think???

rgds

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #1,944 of 3,541
Quote:
Paradoxper,

Sorry but 0.5M is kind of long isnt it...
The problem that I having is, the unit will be kind of close to the wall on the desktop table.
I wouldnt want to flex the cable left or right, so I will want to keep it on the shortest length,... I mean just nice not to kink the cable.. so i really want it short.... really really short.. 

Schiit, is selling the PYST RCA cable at 0.2M length, (not stated on the web, but read someone mentioned it) so I just wondering...
this is like an excess of 0.3M..

what you think???

rgds

Yea, you can go with 0.2, which is even shorter. This is the bare limit of having gear connected.

Dec 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #1,945 of 3,541
Wow there was a lot of orgasmic joy about this amp in the early posts.  I ploughed through the first 40 pages but never really did find a good solid review. A pointer would be helpful.

The impression I have is that this is a pretty transparent item but GIGO applies as it does so much with the Sennheiser HD800.

So, I'm tempted to move away from my beloved Nuforce DAC9 to this:

Digital out from a Sooloos system -> Metrum Acoustics NOS Mini Octave DAC -> Schiit Mjolnir headphone amp -> Sennheiser HD800 headphones

However I wonder at the sense of feeding unbalanced in to the Mjolnir from the Metrum and then using balanced out (which I have) to the Sennheiser HD800.

Comments anyone?

TIA

John 

(Apologies for all the bold type - couldn't seem to be able to change it)

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,946 of 3,541
One thing im really liking about this thing so far is that it might get warm, but it certainly doesnt get anywhere close to what i would call hot. Though i may be biased on that one, coming from the First Watt F1...that thing gets HOT!

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,947 of 3,541
Did you spot this one, Tassie Devil: http://www.head-fi.org/a/schiit-mjolnir-reviews-and-impressions-collected

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #1,948 of 3,541
So after doing some comparisoning just now. Ive determined the Mjolnir works great for the LCD-3s. as good if not a bit better than the F1, not to mention being waaaaaaaayyyyy cooler.

with the HE-6s though, i felt the mjolnir felt pretty constrained in comparison to the F1. Like it was passable sure, but its not something i would want to live with long term, not after hearing it on the F1. Soundstage gets bunched up, and things just sound "harsher" across the whole spectrum. the deepest bass also isnt as present nor as defined.

just the observations of one owner :D im very pleased with the Mjolnir with the LCD-3s though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back