Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #1,171 of 2,949
Just like you, I have Soloist 3 XP and I’m still wondering what I should change it to, MJ3 or Soloist 3 GT (2023)
I will follow your impressions of the comparison of MJ3 & Soloist 3 XP
After I got my Mjolnir 3, I found I never used my Soloist 3X GT anymore... so I sold the Burson...

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #1,172 of 2,949
After I got my Mjolnir 3, I found I never used my Soloist 3X GT anymore... so I sold the Burson...
Would you mind touching up on the differences? What about the Mjolnir led you to no longer use the GT?

Jan 20, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #1,173 of 2,949
Does anyone that owns the MJ3 has tried it with ModHouse Tungsten and if you have, can you tell us if it has drove them well enough and what are your sound impressions?.

As an additional question does anybody know if someone has done a comparison between the MJ3 and Aune's S17 amp?

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #1,174 of 2,949
As an additional question does anybody know if someone has done a comparison between the MJ3 and Aune's S17 amp?
I have the S17 in for review. It's a bit behind the MJ3. Similar kind of dynamics to the sound, but a bit more "closed-in"-sounding, making the bass seem a bit warmer, but more entertaining with headphones in some respects, versus being able to hear right into the recording with the Mjolnir*. I'll bet that crosstalk measurements of both would be interesting. 50/100ma modes are similar to SE/PP on the Mjolnir.

*With a TT2/MScaler/HQPlayer set-up

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #1,175 of 2,949
I have the S17 in for review. It's a bit behind the MJ3. Similar kind of dynamics to the sound, but a bit more "closed-in"-sounding, making the bass seem a bit warmer, but more entertaining with headphones in some respects, versus being able to hear right into the recording with the Mjolnir*. I'll bet that crosstalk measurements of both would be interesting. 50/100ma modes are similar to SE/PP on the Mjolnir.

Very good to know curra…i think the MJ3 may just be the amp I’m looking for, i have one on order, can’t wait till it gets here.

Jan 20, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #1,176 of 2,949

Thanks Mr. Curra, can we expect a review of the S17 in the near future?

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #1,177 of 2,949
Yep sadly the harsh reality in EU here for imported items even the bifrost costs 1020€ instead of 799$ (the black version) i only hope that my bet with the Mjolnir 3 will be repaid 😁 i will give an update once It arrives.
How much do you spend each month on health insurance?

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #1,178 of 2,949
How do you guys burn in your Mjolnir 3? Push-pull activated? Using low or high impedance headphones?
Grateful Dead, mostly. A lot of Zappa too. Even some Devo occasionally.

Jan 20, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #1,179 of 2,949
I got back from the Schittr with my new Yggdrasil+ OG that is replacing my Biforst 2/64. Have about 30 minutes of listening using Quboz and Tidal and I am very happy with the Yggy+ OG in my system. The Bifrost 2/64 sounded good but now the same songs just sound great with more tone and as if I am sitting in front of the singers. I was told on the Hi Fi Org forum the Yggy would need several hours of burn in but I am very happy with what I am hearing. It takes the Folkvangr and Mjolnir 3 to whole other level.
Yggy+OG.jpg

Jan 21, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #1,181 of 2,949
Grateful Dead, mostly. A lot of Zappa too. Even some Devo occasionally.
For sure. Mjolnir3 was good right out of the box...to my ears at least. Used it as pre to a speaker amp for 4-5 days..playing vinyl and CD. I've acclimated to it now and listening at much lower volumns. pretty dang sweet.

Jan 21, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #1,184 of 2,949
Has anyone tried the MJ3 as a preamplifier to a loudspeaker amplifier?
I may possibly sell my integrated and get a stereo amp and was wondering how the MJ3 performs as a preamp.

In my experience, my best results were going amp-direct from my Lumin T3 using its LEEDH volume control into either a Van Alstine SET 120 or a PS Audio Stellar S300.
Soooooo holographic and transparent. I foolishly sold the Van Alstine and the PS Audio was my friend's.

Jan 21, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #1,185 of 2,949
Has anyone tried the MJ3 as a preamplifier to a loudspeaker amplifier?
I may possibly sell my integrated and get a stereo amp and was wondering how the MJ3 performs as a preamp.

In my experience, my best results were going amp-direct from my Lumin T3 using its LEEDH volume control into either a Van Alstine SET 120 or a PS Audio Stellar S300.
Soooooo holographic and transparent. I foolishly sold the Van Alstine and the PS Audio was my friend's.
Sorry i can't give you a feedback on that cuz right now i don't have the space to use speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back