Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #1,067 of 3,097
The rag2 does consume up to 500W electricity while Mjolnir 3 only up to 50W according to the spec sheets?

So your fan is blowing the air out of your Mjolnir? Did you place the fan inside the chassis?

Attachments

• IMG_9180.jpeg
    IMG_9180.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jan 12, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #1,069 of 3,097
I also use the rack-mounted version of the AC infinity exhaust fan pulling air up and out the front of my rack similar to the above poster's standalone unit. Works great. MJ3 and Yggy are just warm to the touch with fan on lowest speed.

IMG_2069 2.JPG

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #1,071 of 3,097
Black looks beautiful!
Tell me, what is the difference between a black case and a silver one? It is also aluminum like silver, only painted.
as i understand it the Black case is powder coated, and can 'hide' metal imperfections. the silver case needs to be more surface perfect, so has a slight higher price

Jan 12, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #1,072 of 3,097
MJ3 owners, regarding soundstage, would you deem the MJ’s presentation intimate? Wide? Neither? I like a stage that’s noticeably wide. Doesn’t have to be huge, but I’m not a fan of intimate presentation. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Jan 12, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #1,073 of 3,097
MJ3 owners, regarding soundstage, would you deem the MJ’s presentation intimate? Wide? Neither? I like a stage that’s noticeably wide. Doesn’t have to be huge, but I’m not a fan of intimate presentation. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
I find it pretty true to the recording. It can be very wide and spacious when the track is wide and spacious. It can be intimate when it’s intimate. It is not one of those amps that makes everything sound one way or the other.

My headphones that are inherently wider sounding maintain that quality with the MJ3 vs my more intimate or closed-in headphones. I think this is the way I prefer an amp to perform, so I’m very satisfied with the MJ3.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #1,074 of 3,097
Schiit Audio Mjolnir 3 with fans pulling air up and out
— ☈☡
So with moving air the mjolnir will collect dust over time. Are you using any kind of mesh to over the openings or just occasionally open up the case to clean it?

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #1,075 of 3,097
I find it pretty true to the recording. It can be very wide and spacious when the track is wide and spacious. It can be intimate when it’s intimate. It is not one of those amps that makes everything sound one way or the other.

My headphones that are inherently wider sounding maintain that quality with the MJ3 vs my more intimate or closed-in headphones. I think this is the way I prefer an amp to perform, so I’m very satisfied with the MJ3.
Appreciate the response, really do.

Jan 14, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #1,077 of 3,097
I’ve tested for several days. It has a great scene and soundstage, but actually mid and side seem to be separated and my headphone eq profile is barely audible. Crazy! Every record sounds the same basically!
I recognize the lack of needing EQ on the S17 Pro, but from a music enjoyment perspective I personally consider this a positive characteristic.
Ofcourse not every record sounds the same, it adds a subtle tube-like ‘character’, as the manufacturer intended, and the level can be somewhat adjusted by increasing/decreasing the bias current (switch 50mA or 100mA).

Looking forward to Currawong’s full review (and comparison of Mjolnir 3 and S17 Pro):

Post in thread 'Aune S17 pro'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aune-s17-pro.970060/post-17918047

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 3:38 AM Post #1,078 of 3,097
I guys, I've a question about schiit. Does it exists an amp ( also non schiit) that equals Mjolnir 3 but without being balanced? I love single ended sound and it will be a loss if money pay for a balanced circuitry.
I own he1000se
The NITSCH x Schiit Pietus Maximus is pretty good with SE so far it ran pretty close to the Mjolnir 3. You can check the impression thread on it.

Jan 14, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #1,079 of 3,097
I guys, I've a question about schiit. Does it exists an amp ( also non schiit) that equals Mjolnir 3 but without being balanced? I love single ended sound and it will be a loss if money pay for a balanced circuitry.
I own he1000se

If you want to keep the same Class A operation, lots of single ended triode amps out there equaling and exceeding MJ3

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #1,080 of 3,097
It’s very odd that currawong is the only reviewer with a YouTube review of the MJ3, it’s also very coincidental that he paid for his himself, the MJ is clearly a hot topic, what’s going on? Is schiit being stingy? Or are reviewers only reviewing products that have been secretly gifted to them in exchange for positive reviews? I can only wonder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back