Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #691 of 2,798
The silver Mjolnir arrived today and I just set it up. Shipped yesterday from Schitt and I live in San Diego County so approximaltey 140 miles south of their location. Listened to two songs and I like what I hear. Mjolnir.jpg
Beautiful! Worth the wait?

Dec 3, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #692 of 2,798
I'm thinking about buying HE1000SE and would like to understand which one is better for HE1000SE
I currently have the HE1000SE and the MJ3. The combo (With Schiit's BF 2/64 as DAC) is my favorite... I would be happy to answer specific questions regarding the sonic characteristic of the gears. I also own the LCD-5 and the Focal Clear. Although I do not listen to the Clear much anymore, I really enjoy the MJ3/Clear combo for certain genres...

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #693 of 2,798
Ordered one on 11/27 when the web page said they were shipping on the 30th. Now the page says it ships in 3-5 days. My order shows status as "In Production" currently.

The wait is killing me!

I've been wanting to up my headphone game for a while. New neighbors downstairs who are always freakin' home (!), and like quiet, has forced my hand. Everything I have read about the M3 ticks all my boxes. I plan on replacing an old stock Gustard H10 with this new Schiit. Will be running a modded Musical Fidelity M1 dac balanced into it. Need to get a balanced cable set up for my LCD2's. Maybe go balanced on my modded T50rp's too.

Dec 3, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #694 of 2,798
Ordered one on 11/27 when the web page said they were shipping on the 30th. Now the page says it ships in 3-5 days. My order shows status as "In Production" currently.

The wait is killing me!

I've been wanting to up my headphone game for a while. New neighbors downstairs who are always freakin' home (!), and like quiet, has forced my hand. Everything I have read about the M3 ticks all my boxes. I plan on replacing an old stock Gustard H10 with this new Schiit. Will be running a modded Musical Fidelity M1 dac balanced into it. Need to get a balanced cable set up for my LCD2's. Maybe go balanced on my modded T50rp's too.
Mine says the same “in production “ and i keep checking every couple of hours lol. but mine is 230v

Dec 3, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #695 of 2,798

The wait is killing me!

ordered mine 10/13/23. Fed/eX tells me to be home tommorrow for signature at delivery.

Dec 3, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #697 of 2,798
Second day with Mjolnir 3 and I am really enjoying the sound it produces. My listening session at the SOCAL Can Jam of the Mjolnir 3 at the Schiit booth confirms I made the right choice in purchasing the amp. Currently using my Denon AH-D9200’s headphones for listening.
MJ3.jpg

Dec 3, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #698 of 2,798
The silver Mjolnir arrived today and I just set it up. Shipped yesterday from Schitt and I live in San Diego County so approximaltey 140 miles south of their location. Listened to two songs and I like what I hear. Mjolnir.jpg
It’s difficult to determine how well the color and finish on your silver Mjolnir 3 matches your other components. Does it match the standard anodized, brushed Aluminum finish of the other components?

Dec 4, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #705 of 2,798
But sonically what is the benefit or difference if I’m being more accurate? Does the mj3 give more bass or puncher bass? Does it roll of the highs? Or perhaps more euphonic warmer sounds knowing that tt2 is very neutral and clean sounding?
It feels, with some headphones, like there is more or punchier bass.

looking at the Mjolnir 3, would this amp be okay to leave on 8+ hours at a time?
Yes. What I've done, for peace of mind, is put a slow-spinning 120mm 12V fan on top, but powered via USB (5V). It's dead silent, and helps me warm my room a bit better when the Mjolnir is on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back