Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #663 of 2,776
Can someone compare Asgard 3 to Mjolnir 3?
Which one is richer? How about Soundstage Size.

In my experience the more detailed amps always have more treble, I wonder how Mjolnir would be in comparison to the "rich" sounding Asgard 3 and if it can be an upgrade with very similar presentation or tuning.

For detail I already have other things :)

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #665 of 2,776
Nov 30, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #666 of 2,776
Can someone compare Asgard 3 to Mjolnir 3?
I have both, Asgard with MB card. I have difficulty hearing soundstage width/height/depth. However, the placement of objects on the 'stage is pinpoint on the MJ3, less so on the AS3.

Treble-wise, the MJ3 is clearer. I want to say more extended but I think that'll give you the wrong impression. It's more like the MJ3 has the ability to play ultrasonics but chooses not to, so the air up there is incredible.

Ultimately, my AS3 sounds a bit frumpy compared to the MJ3. Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic sounding just not in the same league as its big brother.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #667 of 2,776
Please excuse me for such pointless speculation, but I wonder if this product will be available for sale longer than some other products. One would guess that Schitt will continue making batches of 250 as long as they can sell them. The big question is: how many people in the world would want one of these ?

I kind of want one now, but I wonder if I would want one even more later. But if they stop making them soon, then I might regret later not having bought one. But if I buy one now, maybe I will regret the purchase. Eh, decisions, decisions. :wink:

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #668 of 2,776
Please excuse me for such pointless speculation, but I wonder if this product will be available for sale longer than some other products. One would guess that Schitt will continue making batches of 250 as long as they can sell them. The big question is: how many people in the world would want one of these ?

I kind of want one now, but I wonder if I would want one even more later. But if they stop making them soon, then I might regret later not having bought one. But if I buy one now, maybe I will regret the purchase. Eh, decisions, decisions. :wink:
Quel dilemme !! :thinking:

Je ne regrette rien !! :smile: Well, almost nothing

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #669 of 2,776

Sounds like Jason is leaning in exactly that direction.
MJ3 would become what he refers to as a "tier 3" product - get another run going when the current one is sold.
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #675 of 2,776
I don't know what to choose, MJ3 or BURSON SOLOIST 3X GRAND TOURER 2023. Which one is better?
Well, if you need any of the features the Burson has that the MJ3 doesn't, there's your answer.

Soundwise ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back