Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Jun 12, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #3,976 of 6,930
How different could they be? I am wondering if I need one of these as well? My thoughts are that maybe a couple months of learning how to make them, could mean they got a bit better later in the year. . .
I'm wondering the same. @jonathan c has some so maybe he'll do a comparison and let us know lol.

Jun 12, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #3,978 of 6,930
Don't say that, I just bought a pair of the January ones!
LOL! I am just trying to convince myself that I don't need another pair. :wink: Like Sam said, I think they will sound they same (at least I hope so :fingers_crossed:).

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #3,981 of 6,930
Jun 12, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #3,982 of 6,930
Jun 12, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #3,984 of 6,930
#

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #3,985 of 6,930
How different could they be? I am wondering if I need one of these as well? My thoughts are that maybe a couple months of learning how to make them, could mean they got a bit better later in the year. . .
I am thinking that there should be little difference other than normal production run ‘variance’ between the Jan 1957 and the other 1957 Footscrays. My thoughts are: post WWII, tubes were essential in electronics; Brimar and Mullard were at the forefront of tube design and production in the UK (members of British Valve Association); given the miniaturisation that noval tubes were versus octal tubes, pre-production runs were necessary to minimise pitfalls and to optimise yields; once design and pre-production were deemed satisfactory, it was as “full steam ahead” as could be with the mix of man & machinery of the time.

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #3,986 of 6,930
I am thinking that there should be little difference other than normal production run ‘variance’ between the Jan 1957 and the other 1957 Footscrays. My thoughts are: post WWII, tubes were essential in electronics; Brimar and Mullard were at the forefront of tube design and production in the UK (members of British Valve Association); given the miniaturisation that noval tubes were versus octal tubes, pre-production runs were necessary to minimise pitfalls and to optimise yields; once design and pre-production were deemed satisfactory, it was as “full steam ahead” as could be with the mix of man & machinery of the time.
As always, well said brother!

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #3,987 of 6,930
I got second set of Footscrays. Has anyone else had them come in different boxes? First set was in newer boxes and no stickers on tubes, second set looks like original boxes and stickers on tubes. Tubes look identical otherwise except first pair NG so July and second set NK so November. Just curious if anyone else has had different packaging?

Attachments

• 1A992E9E-EC35-4063-93EA-E9B87A9D247E.jpeg
    1A992E9E-EC35-4063-93EA-E9B87A9D247E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 12, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #3,988 of 6,930
I got second set of Footscrays. Has anyone else had them come in different boxes? First set was in newer boxes and no stickers on tubes, second set looks like original boxes and stickers on tubes. Tubes look identical otherwise except first pair NG so July and second set NK so November. Just curious if anyone else has had different packaging?
When I spoke to Sanjiv yesterday he said some of the Footscrays come in plain boxes because the originals were too degraded to use.

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #3,989 of 6,930
Same OG packing here so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back