Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Jun 7, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #3,841 of 6,973
It's so hard to pull those tubes out man. I hate stockpiling tubes I won't use as well. May have to deplete a few pair to make room for more Footscrays lol
A great thing, of many, about the CV455 Footscrays is that being 95-ish% of the CV4033 Footscrays, one can use the 455 to ‘rest’ the 4033 and not feel short-changed about the sound. Prolong 4033 life...

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #3,842 of 6,973
I am with Sam, and would love to know how those "Eindhoven" sound. Here is another gentle nudge from me. :wink: That's the only tube I am curious about, other than my Footscray's.

Jun 8, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #3,843 of 6,973
All this Eindhoven talk is confusing the crap out of me? :thinking: Almost every big tube dealer I have come across with legit tubes has listed the weird looking 4 as Eindhoven, and I took their word.

Hell, one of my better resources for tube talk says so as well? This guy seems to know his stuff? At least I thought. . .
Screenshot_20210608-053032_Chrome.jpg

From the same place and guy, that has some pretty detailed descriptions?

Screenshot_20210608-053516_Chrome.jpg

Also, there have been a couple ebay listings all saying the weird looking 4 is Eindhoven.

Then you got Frank's pocket book, which I would think is correct, saying something totally different?

What the hell? Anyways, I just listened to my Footscray's and whatever that welded plate tube is, it sure has it's work cut out for it, if it is gonna hang with the CV4033.

Sorry for adding to the confusion yesterday with my little sketch. :worried: As of right now, I have no freaking idea if there was ever an Eindhoven ECC81?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #3,844 of 6,973
All this Eindhoven talk is confusing the crap out of me? :thinking: Almost every big tube dealer I have come across with legit tubes has listed the weird looking 4 as Eindhoven, and I took their word.

Hell, one of my better resources for tube talk says so as well? This guy seems to know his stuff? At least I thought. . .
Screenshot_20210608-053032_Chrome.jpg

From the same place and guy, that has some pretty detailed descriptions?

Screenshot_20210608-053516_Chrome.jpg

Also, there have been a couple ebay listings all saying the weird looking 4 is Eindhoven.

Then you got Frank's pocket book, which I would think is correct, saying something totally different?

What the hell? Anyways, I just listened to my Footscray's and whatever that welded plate tube is, it sure has it's work cut out for it, if it is gonna hang with the CV4033.

Sorry for adding to the confusion yesterday with my little sketch. :worried: As of right now, I have no freaking idea if there was ever an Eindhoven ECC81?
It's so confusing bro. Then you have other sites saying some tubes were coded wrong 😂😂😂
Either way. Any tube going forward has big shoes to fill LOL

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #3,845 of 6,973
I have fully burned in my first Footscray Triple Mica, and man oh man, I have never been so blown away by the sound of my system! The tube hunter/collector in me is dying to come out and look/find another tube, but all I have to do is fire up the Footscray and listen for a few seconds and I am totally content again. I have a feeling this internal battle will continue for a while as habits are hard to break, but I really don't see any tube besting the Footscray or even coming close for that matter. :wink:

Just took delivery of my 2nd one, with a 3rd on the way, and this tube sure looks like it means business! :o2smile: I love how simple yet effective the packaging is, and as Sam has mentioned before how freakin cool is the box they come in! Brimar sure had it figured out from the start. Long live Brimar!

20210608_111803.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #3,846 of 6,973
I have had my eye on those for days, but just can't bring myself to spend that kind of cash on a hunch. I am running the 7316 Long Plate Foil D Getters these days, and am quite happy staying there. However, if I had some extra cash I would be all over those.
https://www.tubemonger.com/Brimar_CV4034_NOS_NIB_1970_Prem_CV4003_STC_England_p/2020m.htm

Any thoughts on how close this tube could come for a fraction of the price? Description states Rochester vs. Footscray, but at least they also have more than 1.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #3,848 of 6,973
https://www.tubemonger.com/Brimar_CV4034_NOS_NIB_1970_Prem_CV4003_STC_England_p/2020m.htm

Any thoughts on how close this tube could come for a fraction of the price? Description states Rochester vs. Footscray, but at least they also have more than 1.
I actually have 2 pairs of those, and they are great tubes, but they are nowhere near the Footscray CV4033. The CV4034 is a warm tube with killer bass, but lacks the clarity/transparency in the mids, and especially vocals of the Footscray CV4033.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #3,849 of 6,973
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #3,850 of 6,973
I'm with you bro. I'm holding off on tubes for now. I'm getting one more pair of the cv4033 and then waiting for the mercury streamer to hit the market. Just picked up a gumby( thanks again Keith) and my stack is complete.
Heck yeah man! I loved my Gumby when I had it, and I can only imagine how good it pairs with your cap modded MJ2.

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #3,851 of 6,973
Pulse has the Footscray version Keith. They even have a select laboratory batch as well. I'd imagine they'd sound phenomenal
I would love to hear that Footscray CV4034 lab version, and actually know someone in the other forum that bought one. I imagine he should be getting it any day now, and I can't wait to hear his thoughts, however $221 a piece is a bit steep for me.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #3,852 of 6,973
I would love to hear that Footscray CV4034 lab version, and actually know someone in the other forum that bought one. I imagine he should be getting it any day now, and I can't wait to hear his thoughts.
I also would love to give it a go, but that price is too hard to take right now. Maybe they will get some more in and provide everyone here a discount, wink wink!

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #3,853 of 6,973
Besides containing a number of “milestones” in my family, 2021 is THE year of the Footscray and it’s not half done! Using another pugilistic analogy (😒), in headphone audio there is no better jab-cross combination than the CV455 F/B - CV4033 F/B..they K/B (kick/butt).

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #3,854 of 6,973
Besides containing a number of “milestones” in my family, 2021 is THE year of the Footscray and it’s not half done! Using another pugilistic analogy (😒), in headphone audio there is no better jab-cross combination than the CV455 F/B - CV4033 F/B..they K/B (kick/butt).
Nice man! I love reading your post. I am just a bit curious how they differ? Would you say one is a bit stronger in a certain area, or is it to hard to pinpoint? I am trying to decide on buying another CV4033 or the CV455, and any info would be helpful.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #3,855 of 6,973
I would love to hear that Footscray CV4034 lab version, and actually know someone in the other forum that bought one. I imagine he should be getting it any day now, and I can't wait to hear his thoughts, however $221 a piece is a bit steep for me.
Pulse is down to one of these...restock seems unlikely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back