Schiit Midgard - Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #137 of 621
Just got the Midgard yesterday, but I hear the distortion on left side of the headphone what just happen
Here are some things to try:
1. Shut down, reverse right & left inputs, power back up.
2. Switch between hi and low gain
3. If you have another headphone amp, try disconnecting all headphones / adapters from Midgard, set Midgard to low gain, volume maxxed, then connect Midgard rear panel preamp outputs to The other amp’s input.

What headphones, adapters, source, cabling are you using Midgard with?

Nov 4, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #138 of 621
Here are some things to try:
1. Shut down, reverse right & left inputs, power back up.
2. Switch between hi and low gain
3. If you have another headphone amp, try disconnecting all headphones / adapters from Midgard, set Midgard to low gain, volume maxxed, then connect Midgard rear panel preamp outputs to The other amp’s input.

What headphones, adapters, source, cabling are you using Midgard with?
DAC: Schiit Modius E
Amp: Schiit Midgard w/ 230VAC UK Plug
Headphone: HIFIMAN Ananda
Headphone Cable: Fifty Strings MQ3 3.5mm w/ 6.3mm adapter
Snake Oil XLR 10" Pair connect as a XLR input for the amp

This is my starter, so I don't have another amp and XLR input cable. (Maybe I will buy the RCA cable later
I did the reverse right & left input and switch between hi and low gain. However it turns out the same.
I also reversed my headphone cable and the distortion goes to the right side.

I try something else
1. I have a Creative Sound Blaster G6 and a Solid State Logic SSL 2+ though. I connect my headphone to these device and it sounds fine.
2. I have a In-ear headphone for casual use. I tried connect Midgard and tested it and it sounds fine too...
3. I pull out the 6.3mm adapter a little bit and I can still listen the music even though it is blur without distortion

and the distortion sounds like following the music but it sounds broken.

sorry my English is poor......

Nov 4, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #139 of 621
DAC: Schiit Modius E
Amp: Schiit Midgard w/ 230VAC UK Plug
Headphone: HIFIMAN Ananda
Headphone Cable: Fifty Strings MQ3 3.5mm w/ 6.3mm adapter
Snake Oil XLR 10" Pair connect as a XLR input for the amp

This is my starter, so I don't have another amp and XLR input cable. (Maybe I will buy the RCA cable later
I did the reverse right & left input and switch between hi and low gain. However it turns out the same.
I also reversed my headphone cable and the distortion goes to the right side.

I try something else
1. I have a Creative Sound Blaster G6 and a Solid State Logic SSL 2+ though. I connect my headphone to these device and it sounds fine.
2. I have a In-ear headphone for casual use. I tried connect Midgard and tested it and it sounds fine too...
3. I pull out the 6.3mm adapter a little bit and I can still listen the music even though it is blur without distortion

and the distortion sounds like following the music but it sounds broken.

sorry my English is poor......
Are you using your Hi Fi Man Ananda with a balanced cable or as single ended?

Nov 4, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #148 of 621
So, if you are using the XLR inputs on the Midgard and plugging in your headphones into the single ended output, that may be causing a problem. Try connecting to the unbalanced inputs RCA, that should work. Do you have RCA Cables?
This is completely wrong. The inputs from the dac to the amp have no bearing on the outputs to the headphones. Also the Midgard isn’t a balanced amp anyway so whether you use the 1/4 or XLR, the power output is identical to the headphones.

Nov 4, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #150 of 621
This is completely wrong. The inputs from the dac to the amp have no bearing on the outputs to the headphones. Also the Midgard isn’t a balanced amp anyway so whether you use the 1/4 or XLR, the power output is identical to the headphones.
so what u mean is that XLR input to single end output wouldn't cause any problem, right?
Is there any chance that i am just unlucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back