Schiit Magni & Modi alternatives?
Aug 18, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #16 of 18
  So I am very happy to go for the Schiit Vali 2 & buy this set of tubes (ECC88 6DJ8) with it. According to this review that I found here on head-fi, those should sound warm & relaxed. Which is what I prefer. I think.. I haven't had much experience just yet with tubes. Are that the correct tubes? I am new to the whole tube world, so.. would need some help or guidance here as well.    
Then I can just pair it with the Modi 2 and be all set? 

I know that I mentioned my Sennheiser as my main headphones, but I am almost certain now that my Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro's may actually get a nice boost in quality as well. 

Thank you all so much for providing me with all the information, greatly appreciated!

Yup, anything from the 6DJ8 / 6922 / ECC88 / E88CC / CV2492 family.  Buying a pair is a good plan, as if in the future you decide to get one of the bigger amps, you'll have a pair you can use with it.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #17 of 18

Yup, anything from the 6DJ8 / 6922 / ECC88 / E88CC / CV2492 family.  Buying a pair is a good plan, as if in the future you decide to get one of the bigger amps, you'll have a pair you can use with it.

Ordered the Vali 2 & Modi 2 Uber! Freaking stoked for this, I will get the tubes later. But got them bookmarked, so I'll absolutely get them when-ever I want to experiment with it. It can get fairly pricey - quickly.. but the ones that I found seem very reasonably priced. 

I can't thank you enough for providing me with all the information that I really needed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back