Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
Jan 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #811 of 2,252
Quote:
So well-dressed?

Hey if you are into that - best dressed!
rolleyes.gif

The only good thing about Bieber is Selena Gomez - and I heard they broke up.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #812 of 2,252
Quote:
using wasapi volume control is disabled so I am at 100% thru the PC. for my typical listening I am around 8 o clock. zero volume is around 7 o clock if I recall. the imbalance is only at the very few first decibles then goes away pretty quick. half way between 7 and 8 at most.

if it matters my magni is dead silent when turned to the lowest. I know some peoples you can still hear sound.

So I'm using the E17 right now, and Foobar with Wasapi. The device is selected in output as my E17 (event). When I click my volume thing in the bottom right on Windows and move it, it decreases or increases the volume. Everyone is saying that doesn't happen with Wasapi, but it is for me. What gives?

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #813 of 2,252
Quote:
So I'm using the E17 right now, and Foobar with Wasapi. The device is selected in output as my E17 (event). When I click my volume thing in the bottom right on Windows and move it, it decreases or increases the volume. Everyone is saying that doesn't happen with Wasapi, but it is for me. What gives?

I use WASAPI with Winamp and it does the same thing unless I check something called "Exclusive mode". Is there an option similar to that for foobars WASAPI output plugin?

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #814 of 2,252
Quote:

I use WASAPI with Winamp and it does the same thing unless I check something called "Exclusive mode". Is there an option similar to that for foobars WASAPI output plugin?

As I understand it, that's its chief function so there is no reason for there to be a box like that. I don't see anything.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #816 of 2,252
Quote:
Small thing I forgot to mention. The quiet low hum seems to have disappeared once I moved my Magni's power adapter to the wall socket. If anyone's having this issue, try this out! 

Is anyone getting a high frequency buzz, almost inaudible but still there? I'll be shocked if its a matter of changing to a wall socket. Worth a try. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #824 of 2,252
There is a difference: the rear headphone out is specced for 330Ω while the front panel out is specced for 33Ω and has a lower SNR. You should connect your headphones to the back and see if it makes a difference before you buy an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back