Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
Dec 18, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #272 of 2,252
Quote:
Interconnects are not supplied--the margin has got to be really thin on this Schiit.

Schiit has interconnects for connecting stacked DAC and Amp for $20.   I liked the product description:

Quote:
Beyond Just Technology: SuperUltraHyperTechnology
PYST cables are made from only the finest 6-nines Unobtanium™ alloy, molecularly assembled in our Alternate Universe™ reality-distortion tesseract field , using a secret geometry reverse-engineered from crashed UFOs, painstakingly smuggled out of Area 51 by deep-cover operatives. Performance is further enhanced by the use of a QuantConnect™ quantum-entangled pair of transmission interfaces, held at absolute zero by our exclusive Stasis Field™ technology. The cables are then wrapped in NanoAeroCap™, a nanotechnology-enabled aerogel anti-capacitance insulation system, featuring Fractal Interleaved Geometry™ to create negative inductance for maximum audio transmission quality.

Or, er, well . . . again, no. These are nice, high-quality cables, with solid, reliable connectors. And they’re short. And not too expensive. That’s it. Hope you like them!

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #274 of 2,252
Still waiting for an O2/ODAC comparison. I swear, whoever gets to doing that first (and does it well) will be my hero.

When a product is so obviously touted as a competitor to the O2/ODAC, it NEEDS to be compared! In a huge, awesome battle/review.

Moreover I refuse to buy products from either side till the reviews come out ^_^

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #275 of 2,252
Quote:

I already explained in our PM to prevent any further complications and showed you the threads and physical evidence of what was happening at the time, yes the problem started / initiated on early production Lyr's (or Asgards ? ). But there were still a few people that had the same problems after the relay's were installed. 

Ok, to clear things up:

1. We know of exactly one case of a defective Lyr killing a headphone, post-relay. The person posts on this board--and he will tell you that we told him "it is defective, send it back and we'll fix it." He actually wanted to keep the amp, he was so happy with it, and kept it to the point where it blew up a headphone. If you have friends who have blown up headphones with Lyr, post-relay, they're not talking to us. And they should. In that case, the amp is defective, and we will fix it.

2. Any defect in our products is magnified on the forums, due to our large volume production. We have literally thousands of Lyrs and Asgards out in the world. If they had lots of issues, we simply wouldn't be a viable business. Our stuff is extremely reliable. Remember, Mike and I have been doing this for several decades. If you check the resale prices on 20-year-old Sumo and Theta gear, you'll get a pretty good idea that we build solid products.

To repeat some stuff from other threads regarding the relays, etc:

1. Why did the Asgard and Lyr not have relay protection when we first launched? When we started the company two years ago, we assumed we were building the highest-possible sonic performance products for an audience looking for the same, and who knew that this could involve taking some precautions. It's very common in megabuck gear to have a "turn on sequence," for example, where if you turn on the preamp after the power amp, you might be looking at voice coils. I'm not saying this is right, I'm just saying this is how it is. Now, we understand clearly that we have to provide reasonable protection. 

2. As far as we know, all early Asgard owners have been notified, and all who wanted the relay mute have it. A lot of people don't want relays. Of course, others still trickle in from secondhand and thirdhand owners. Relays have been in place since August 2011. If you want to know if an Asgard has a relay, ask the owner if there's a noticeable click 15-20 seconds after it powers up.

3. Only about 10% of total Lyr production went out without a relay. However, although early Lyr owners were notified, the take rate on the relay addition is very low. Most don't want it. Again, if you want to know if it has the relay, ask the owner about the click.

4. If you were not notified, or if you buy an early production Lyr or Asgard that has not had the relay added, the offer stands to retrofit any of them, from any owner (original or second/third/fourth/etc hand) for free. You only pay for shipping. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 18, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #278 of 2,252
Quote:
Whereas Gungnir uses the Adapticlock, the Ganjas will rely on Dreadclocks.

It's all good man, I got a prescription... I smoke that Schiit to get rid of the Jitter

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #280 of 2,252
Quote:
Ganja??? Is Schiit moving away from naming their products after figures from Norse mythology and moving on to Rasta nomenclature??? HAHAHAHA!!!! I want one.
biggrin.gif

If only Schiit product's were tuned by engineers listening to Bob Marley...
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #283 of 2,252
Quote:
I'm in Colorado, where you don't even need a prescription now

thats just insane, I'm pretty positive that legalizing weed is a bad move but don't really want to commit on forums. Otherwise, this thread will turn to a full blown political blood bath!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back