Schiit Magni 3+ and Magni Heresy - Impressions Thread
May 10, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #362 of 395
Ah, ok. Got it thanks. So i don't need to turn off the amp for changing Gain? Is there really such a difference in the gain settings? Wow, didn't know that.
No need to power down for gain switch use.
  1. Adjust volume to low.
  2. Flip the gain switch to high.
  3. Adjust volume to comfortable level.
  4. Dance, within reasonable distance that the headphone cable allows for.

May 10, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #363 of 395
No need to power down for gain switch use.
  1. Adjust volume to low.
  2. Flip the gain switch to high.
  3. Adjust volume to comfortable level.
  4. Dance, within reasonable distance that the headphone cable allows for.
Cool, thx :smile:

May 11, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #364 of 395
So i'm currently waiting for my Schiit Magni 3+ to arrive and i have a question.
For my Hifiman HE-500 do i use the Lo or Hi gain, i guess Hi, right? And do i have to turn the amp off while switching from let's say Lo to Hi?
I prefer the high gain for my HE-X4's, and I believe the HE-500's are supposed to be a little harder to drive.

May 20, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #365 of 395
Driving the new Magni 3+ with a iFi iDSD dac. Using Final Audio D8000 Pros and Audio Technica ADX 5000's.
Able to use LOW gain with the D8000's with LOW gain on the iFi.
Volume at 12 oclock...very loud, clear and nothing is missing here...

Highly recommended!

"The Little Amp That Could......!!!!

It hangs in there with the BIG boys as well!!! OMG!

20220520_100259.jpg

Sep 3, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #368 of 395
Yikes, Magni 3+ B started to cut out sound with HD6xx, i can hear relay clicking and sound returns then goes off again. Amp lasted like 3 months, quite meh.

Schiit's very good about service...should be under warranty -- yes?

Sep 3, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #369 of 395
Schiit's very good about service...should be under warranty -- yes?
Yes it should but things ended up with very un-expected turn! Played some music with Arya and it did not cut out sound, this was very confusing.

Played again with HD6xx and sound cutted out, wondered What is going on.

Turns out HD6xx cables 6.3mm Adaptor has gone bad, swapped other and sound went from mono like to stereo and cut out stopped. Never expected thing like this could happen and there is no fault in the amplifier.

Sep 4, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #370 of 395
Yes it should but things ended up with very un-expected turn! Played some music with Arya and it did not cut out sound, this was very confusing.

Played again with HD6xx and sound cutted out, wondered What is going on.

Turns out HD6xx cables 6.3mm Adaptor has gone bad, swapped other and sound went from mono like to stereo and cut out stopped. Never expected thing like this could happen and there is no fault in the amplifier.
I’m glad you found the fault and it was an easy fix! First thing I did with my HD6XX was to replace its cable with an original HD650 one bought directly from Senneheiser. Better length and no adapter required :)

Sep 10, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #372 of 395
^ I’m using a hd600 with magni 3+ and modius (I know I’m using the modius single ended). With a minor eq change to help the sub bass. It’s amazing how enjoyable this experience is when you get the volume right on low gain. I know part of this hobby is to always look elsewhere for something better. But Schiit was right when they are basically saying this is all you need. It’s an incredible experience. I might consider getting something else someday to change the sound. But All I know is - this is special.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 3:27 AM Post #374 of 395
^ I’m using a hd600 with magni 3+ and modius (I know I’m using the modius single ended). With a minor eq change to help the sub bass. It’s amazing how enjoyable this experience is when you get the volume right on low gain. I know part of this hobby is to always look elsewhere for something better. But Schiit was right when they are basically saying this is all you need. It’s an incredible experience. I might consider getting something else someday to change the sound. But All I know is - this is special.
Have you tired other amps with HD600?

Sep 11, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #375 of 395
Have you tired other amps with HD600?
Not yet! Just loving this at the moment. Should I? I’ve watched a ton of reviews on other amps. I probably will try a different sound sometime soon or in next year. So many choices : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back