Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #16,097 of 23,494
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #16,100 of 23,494
Those Telefunken CCa tubes, if real, were made on Valentine's Day in 1963 in Ulm, Germany.

One photo has uppercase "CCA" and another has mixed case "CCa". Buyer beware!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #16,101 of 23,494
Those Telefunken CCa tubes, if real, were made on Valentine's Day in 1963 in Ulm, Germany.

One photo has uppercase "CCA" and another has mixed case "CCa". Buyer beware!

Agreed. It’s beyond strange he has a set with full on uppercase Teles CCas then lower case “a” on another set. Most of the pics online from reputable dealers have the “a” in lower case. I’d stear clear.

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #16,102 of 23,494
Didn’t see the difference in the two CCa/Cca’s. If they are supposedly the same codes that makes no sense. Look at pics of other Tele Cca’s and see what their CCa print is. Plus again the price! That’s a $700 roll of the dice that they sound THAT much better than your E188CC’s...if better at all. I’d just pretend like I never saw the ad

Jan 23, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #16,104 of 23,494

Bottom of the pins look like they've been re-plated/dipped, there's usually an indent/dimple in the bottom of the pins, like these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Telefunken...792561&hash=item4b327c97f4:g:xY4AAOSwReBZc4h2

The print is definitely suspect, one photo has the correct a, the other photo has the wrong a, and the letters on CCA look etched on one by one, they're not lined up properly. Code ink looks suspect too.

If I was a betting man....

tiger.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #16,107 of 23,494
Jan 24, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #16,108 of 23,494
@TK16 Have you tried the Aeon Open Flows with any Amperex or Siemens? Those two synergize so well with the headphones. Makes them feel like they have a much wider stage than it really has and very musical. How do you like the AFOs compared with the LCD-2Cs?
Cans just came in, using the short stock balanced cable, uncomfortably on the floor. Can't do a fair comparison sing the LCD2 C is burnt in and using a high quality cable. This is my 4th pair of planars and these seem like something is going to fall off if I sneeze. That doesn't matter if I like the cans. Wanted a warm light pair of cans to compliment the HD 700'S sound Sig also light cans. Burning in the LM E's right now not changing tubes yet.
Got a balanced Black Dragon cable coming in tomorrow for the AFO's.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #16,109 of 23,494
Cans just came in, using the short stock balanced cable, uncomfortably on the floor. Can't do a fair comparison sing the LCD2 C is burnt in and using a high quality cable. This is my 4th pair of planars and these seem like something is going to fall off if I sneeze. That doesn't matter if I like the cans. Wanted a warm light pair of cans to compliment the HD 700'S sound Sig also light cans. Burning in the LM E's right now not changing tubes yet.

With the AFOs, you want to bake them for a good 60 hours. Without any filters they start off with a bit of sharp treble then settles down after you bake them in. In case you do find the top a bit harsh you can use any of the provided filters to dampen dat top end. They're fantastic after that and react really well to different tubes on the MJ2.

Hope you like them as much as Koover and I.

Jan 24, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #16,110 of 23,494

Looking forward to your comparison of the AFO with the LDC2 C. And congrats on the new cans.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back