Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 14, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #9,062 of 23,494
I'm probably in the minority, but I can't tell the difference between my $10 RCA 6BQ7A and $150 HGs. I also can't tell the difference between the '74 and '75 SWGP silvers. I'm thinking of sticking a couple miniature potatoes into the sockets to see if it sounds any good.

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #9,063 of 23,494
I'm probably in the minority, but I can't tell the difference between my $10 RCA 6BQ7A and $150 HGs. I also can't tell the difference between the '74 and '75 SWGP silvers. I'm thinking of sticking a couple miniature potatoes into the sockets to see if it sounds any good.

I would hazzard to say that you are maybe the only one around here who has it figured out.
I would, however, recommend potatoes from Holland.
I think Guidostrunk will back me up on that.

Apr 14, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #9,065 of 23,494
As I'm of Japanese heritage, I'm going to have to try the Japanese sweet potatoes. The bass is supposed to be syrupy, mids lush and detailed, and the highs have a hint of stone fruit.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #9,066 of 23,494
But isn't the year of the potato equally as important as country of origin???

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #9,067 of 23,494
I bought a NOS pair of 10M Master's Series Mullard ECC88's from Brent Jessee a couple of months ago.  No tube noise and they of course have that classic warm and rich Mullard sound signature.  But they aren't getting the headtime that they deserve in my setup. I prefer the Holland tubes.  Someone should put them to use and I'll give first crack to the good people on this thread before I put them up for sale on the Head Fi Forum.  These are 10,000 hour tubes and I've probably put about 75 hours on them...just enough to break them in.
I paid Brent $230 plus shipping.  I will sell them for $175 which will include USPS Priority shipping.  I'll eat the PayPal fees.
Shipping only to Continental USA.  PM me if you're interested.  Don't inquire here on the thread.  Boxes are included.  Check out the picture and my feedback.  This is how Brent Jessee describes them on his website:

6DJ8 Mullard 10M Series, made in Great BritainMATCHED PAIR
New Old Stock white box. This pair is the elusive and excellent audiophile quality 10M tubes from Mullard, UK. These rare tubes are hand matched. Very nice, slightly warm sounding British 6DJ8 tubes, with the 10,000 hour heater life. You may never need to retube again! Standard pins, carefully matched pairs. SINGLE TUBES ARE $115.00

S O L D   !!!!

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #9,068 of 23,494
  I bought a NOS pair of 10M Master's Series Mullard ECC88's from Brent Jessee a couple of months ago.  No tube noise and they of course have that classic warm and rich Mullard sound signature.  But they aren't getting the headtime that they deserve in my setup. I prefer the Holland tubes.  Someone should put them to use and I'll give first crack to the good people on this thread before I put them up for sale on the Head Fi Forum.  These are 10,000 hour tubes and I've probably put about 75 hours on them...just enough to break them in.
I paid Brent $230 plus shipping.  I will sell them for $175 which will include USPS Priority shipping.  I'll eat the PayPal fees.
Shipping only to Continental USA.  PM me if you're interested.  Don't inquire here on the thread.  Boxes are included.  Check out the picture and my feedback.  This is how Brent Jessee describes them on his website:

New Old Stock white box. This pair is the elusive and excellent audiophile quality 10M tubes from Mullard, UK. These rare tubes are hand matched. Very nice, slightly warm sounding British 6DJ8 tubes, with the 10,000 hour heater life. You may never need to retube again! Standard pins, carefully matched pairs. SINGLE TUBES ARE $115.00

I'll give you a dozen Idaho Golds for them.  At least you'll get a couple batches of the best mashed potatoes.  For comparison, mash up six of your least favored tubes and try eating them.  You know it's a fair offer.

The Prophet Hath Spoken TM.

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #9,069 of 23,494

I'll give you a dozen Idaho Golds for them.  At least you'll get a couple batches of the best mashed potatoes.  For comparison, mash up six of your least favored tubes and try eating them.  You know it's a fair offer.

The Prophet Hath Spoken TM.

You're a f'ing prophet so I'm assuming you already know the f'ing answer.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #9,070 of 23,494
  You're a f'ing prophet so I'm assuming you already know the f'ing answer.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my most chiefest Elves and Dwarves go through the Golden Potato Horde to select a dozen of our finest gems.  They'll meet you at the End of the Rainbow to effect the exchange.

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #9,073 of 23,494
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/E188CC-MATCHED-PAIR-LOT-OF-2-TELEFUNKEN-GERMANY-Hi-Fi-TUBES-7308-CV4108-CCa-/252303455317?hash=item3abe753455:g:U24AAOSwBLlVAGJr
$314 OBO, That looks like a good deal there.

I put in a cheeky offer and got one back that's a nice reduction still too rich for my blood but if any of you fancy it I suggest seeing how low the seller will go.

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #9,074 of 23,494

If you're interested in these special Blackburn Mullards let me know today.  I'll go ahead and put them in the For Sale Forum on the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back