s.gif
s.gif
Member Id: e***e
s.gif
( 176
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)    US $809.00
Nov-12-15 19:34:50 PST

Last four bids, you could say that escalated quickly. I assume if the .***.
s.gif
bidder is from the seller he wanted to keep them for himself or sell them outside of ebay for more profit as there is a 1800$ bid there from another buyer.

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #7,968 of 23,494
I'm jelly and curious but not quite 2k curious . So Bill, I know you like those 2 , Rtc la radio, valvo i88cc, what are some of you guys Favorites in rotation? I've looked through both threads until they are just pages of tangents. Sam bill and thurston. Or the pages where you've listed already but I'm sure they've changed.

I rolled my 1964 Tesla E88CCs the other day.  Really diggin' them.  The '62/'63 Heerlen E188CCs that were in before that are great, too.  The latter have a bit more up top, I'd say, while the Teslas are a bit meatier.  It's a fine thing, that difference.  Could just be my ears and/or brain.  For me, the Teslas (make sure they're the real deal) are excellent value for money.

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #7,969 of 23,494
Makes you wonder if the seller had a shill bidder , jacking the price up. I wouldn't be surprised if your right.

Seems mighty suspicious.  When I see stuff like that I would assume its a shill unless some fact proves me wrong.

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #7,970 of 23,494

I rolled my 1964 Tesla E88CCs the other day.  Really diggin' them.  The '62/'63 Heerlen E188CCs that were in before that are great, too.  The latter have a bit more up top, I'd say, while the Teslas are a bit meatier.  It's a fine thing, that difference.  Could just be my ears and/or brain.  For me, the Teslas (make sure they're the real deal) are excellent value for money.

Pih.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #7,971 of 23,494

Attention Rollers: Bill will be selling his 1960s-vintage Tesla E88CCs, as apparently he doesn't like them 
wink.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #7,972 of 23,494
Attention Rollers: Bill will be selling his 1960s-vintage Tesla E88CCs, as apparently he doesn't like them :wink:

LMAO. (Just trying to incorporate the word 'pih' into my daily vocabulary as often as possible...nothing against the good people of Tesla. It is in fact my way of paying tribute to one ThurstonX...a prophet among men)

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #7,973 of 23,494
LMAO. (Just trying to incorporate the word 'pih' into my daily vocabulary as often as possible...nothing against the good people of Tesla. It is in fact my way of paying tribute to one ThurstonX...a prophet among men)

LOL!  We'll make a Serbian of you yet.  Keep up the good work.  Here's another one for ya: Hvala for the compliment, brother 
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #7,974 of 23,494
Tesla never comes up in the forums. Well not since early anyway. Maybe the Eastern Europe ones were inconsistent. I've never heard em. May have to try some.
I love my reflektor 75s and 74s, but I agree with bill, miniwatts are so unique and binge worthy, the Blackburns addictive mellowness ,rumbling bass and spacious soundstage, the Siemens I have are 65s a little dense in the mids great for heavy guitars, 75 rockets have a very nice tone and solid bass. I have more minis , valvos, and some 188cc Dario's in transit . Wanted to try surenes out. The hunt , while fun, just so expensive. And I've have a dozen pairs just mocking me, matsu****as , tungrams, amperex that were just a waste of money. Even some I like ok that would have been spent better on beer.

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #7,975 of 23,494
Tesla never comes up in the forums. Well not since early anyway. Maybe the Eastern Europe ones were inconsistent. I've never heard em. May have to try some.
I love my reflektor 75s and 74s, but I agree with bill, miniwatts are so unique and binge worthy, the Blackburns addictive mellowness ,rumbling bass and spacious soundstage, the Siemens I have are 65s a little dense in the mids great for heavy guitars, 75 rockets have a very nice tone and solid bass. I have more minis , valvos, and some 188cc Dario's in transit . Wanted to try surenes out. The hunt , while fun, just so expensive. And I've have a dozen pairs just mocking me, matsu****as , tungrams, amperex that were just a waste of money. Even some I like ok that would have been spent better on beer.

It's a buy/sell merry-go-round until you end up with the group you like.  You can cut your losses reasonably well when you sell off the ones that don't wow you.  One man's queen is another man's sweathog.  That's an old Serbian saying.

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #7,976 of 23,494
Those Eastern Europeans have a way with words. The censors would be all over me if I told some of the Hungarian and Romanian ones, jaw dropping.
I enjoy the game. I've just really got started over the past 18 months. The HGs were the first big difference. Now I'm experimenting with soundfields. Just different flavors, I think Thurston said it. It's like a new amp every time you plug a new set in. Thanks to you guys , those of us beginning have a guide of sorts. You can't choose for us but your descriptions can help others make decisions. I guess that's what the intention here is. Cheers to you that spend money so we don't have to. Wish I would have come in sooner .

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #7,977 of 23,494
Hey guys, just a quick question. Any tubes recommended to tame the harsh top end I'm experiencing with the lcd2f? As my ears are quite sensitive to it, looking for something warmer, thicker almost.
I'm using stock Lyr tubes.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #7,979 of 23,494
Hey guys, just a quick question. Any tubes recommended to tame the harsh top end I'm experiencing with the lcd2f? As my ears are quite sensitive to it, looking for something warmer, thicker almost.

Blackburn UK made Mullards or as a second choice Amperex Orange Globes. And from what I've recently learned the Teslas are a tube that does everything well...tames highs, lows, mids and also can help with receding hairlines.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #7,980 of 23,494

Blackburn UK made Mullards or as a second choice Amperex Orange Globes. And from what I've recently learned the Teslas are a tube that does everything well...tames highs, lows, mids and also can help with receding hairlines.

Cheers for the reply, will definitely look into getting these. Can you recommend a good place to buy tubes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back