Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Oct 15, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #7,681 of 23,494
Give them a good burn in. My previous Dumonts had the same problem until I got past around the 20 hour mark. Run some music through them on reloop for a day. Mine eventually subsided. As far as microphonics , one of my CCa's has it if you touch the tube. The other is dead silent. Don't give up hope yet. I believe Thurston had an issue previously as well with tubes making noise that eventually went away. Give em a good burn in.
Cheers
I don't know.  These tubes have a lot of static at moderate to high volume.  I'm kind of worried there's some issues with them, like leakage maybe.  Is that something that may dissipate over time?  I'm thinking not, but thought I'd ask.  I can crank the volume to max while muted on the HGs and not a peep.  These Valvos are crackling like a fireplace if I do that.

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #7,682 of 23,494
Read back 1 or 2 pages. They sell a tube puller that makes it easier to remove tubes. Also you can get yourself some socket savers from tubemonger , which raises the tubes about an half inch.
Guys, is there any safer and better way to get the tube out from lyr. I watched video on YouTube, still can't take it out no matter how I try.... I really scared the tube will broken. Hate the lyr design! And the last one, is there any tube matching very good with hd600?

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #7,683 of 23,494
Guys, is there any safer and better way to get the tube out from lyr. I watched video on YouTube, still can't take it out no matter how I try.... I really scared the tube will broken. Hate the lyr design! And the last one, is there any tube matching very good with hd600?

I've ordered some pullers that were recommended.

But in the mean time if you put a piece of cling film on the tube (when it's cooled) it's much easier to grip and needs less rocking.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #7,684 of 23,494
As I also have the 700's, I would like to know more about this mod?

Originally Posted by MWSVette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too....​

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Search for the thread on here regarding the "Anax Mod".
Cheers

The Anax mod is for the HD-800's. @takato14 has modded the HD-700's and Tyll from Inner Fidelity will be measuring the modified pair (should be interesting to see how they measure compared to stock, which has the 6kHz peak which bothers some...
Here's a link to takato's mod: http://goo.gl/Q64B36

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #7,685 of 23,494
It's also for the 700's. It's in the thread. You can download the template for it. I was going to do it when I had mine , but got the HE500's instead.
The Anax mod is for the HD-800's. @takato14
 has modded the HD-700's and Tyll from Inner Fidelity will be measuring the modified pair (should be interesting to see how they measure compared to stock, which has the 6kHz peak which bothers some...
Here's a link to takato's mod: http://goo.gl/Q64B36

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #7,687 of 23,494
The Siemens CCa are the one tube I want to take a listen to and haven't found any at a reasonable price, so these might do. However:

"Because I am tired of discussing about test results, life time and %% and etc: Tubes are sold as they are."

Haha, at least he's honest about it but I would appreciate some sort of test results.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #7,688 of 23,494
  The Siemens CCa are the one tube I want to take a listen to and haven't found any at a reasonable price, so these might do. However:

"Because I am tired of discussing about test results, life time and %% and etc: Tubes are sold as they are."

Haha, at least he's honest about it but I would appreciate some sort of test results.

All his auctions state the same thing.  I wouldn't give him the time of day with an attitude like that.

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #7,689 of 23,494
I've bought multiple sets of tubes from him. Never had any problems, and shipping is pretty quick. FWIW.

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #7,690 of 23,494
I've bought multiple sets of tubes from him. Never had any problems, and shipping is pretty quick. FWIW.

Same here: couple three pairs, no problems or complaints.  It's a shame about the lack of test results, but I guess he got burned once too often.

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #7,691 of 23,494

All his auctions state the same thing.  I wouldn't give him the time of day with an attitude like that.

Agreed.

If he doesn't want to take the time to answer questions regarding test results then utilize an existing or create a simple knowledge base document that he can can direct customers to educate themselves. Do it once and reuse. No excuse for not publishing the test results for the tubes he is selling so more informed buyers can accurately gauge what they are purchasing.

I guess, I owe rb2013 a big thank you. Thank you, rb2013!

When I started out, I had more questions than knowledge. rb2013 patiently responded to all my questions. I won't tell you how many PMs I sent the guy. Over six months or so, I did buy four pairs of tubes from him. He earned it!

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #7,692 of 23,494
Quote:
  We all hear and like different things.

Originally Posted by ThurstonX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't.

with a nod to Life of Brian :wink:

Just saw this.  A quote for the ages.  Lincoln had his Gettysburg Address.  Tony fit it all into "I don't".  Tony for President !!!!!!!

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #7,693 of 23,494
  Just saw this.  A quote for the ages.  Lincoln had his Gettysburg Address.  Tony fit it all into "I don't".  Tony for President !!!!!!!

My first act as your Dear Leader... because I have a pen and a phone... is to mandate that all my subjects watch Monty Python's Life of Brian daily.

To quote my new Veep: Thank you.  And if you don't know how to read "Thank you.", watch this (HINT: Sorta Marge prefers hi-def... yo):

Hail to the Thief  
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #7,694 of 23,494

My first act as your Dear Leader... because I have a pen and a phone... is to mandate that all my subjects watch Monty Python's Life of Brian daily.

To quote my new Veep: Thank you.  And if you don't know how to read "Thank you.", watch this (HINT: Sorta Marge prefers hi-def... yo):

Hail to the Thief  
evil_smiley.gif

EXACTLY !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back