Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Sep 29, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #7,531 of 23,494
If anyone is interested, not a bad starting price.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=391277567146&alt=web

Undated yellows...Sam loves to live dangerously.  Hey Sam, check out the race car driver in the pic behind the
Valvo Cca's.  He's even dressed in yellow.  Maybe you could make the seller an offer on the pic.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #7,532 of 23,494
I had a pair of 61&62 Valvo white pcc88 heerlen tubes that I sold on here. Imo, they're the hidden gem of tubes. They weren't far behind my Valvo CCa's. If you check the old lyr thread and early on in this one. You'll see that many people have chosen them over all other tubes in the 6922 family, some swear by them. They have excellent sonic qualities, and Imo do a lot of things better than some of the great tubes I've had the pleasure of rolling. And they can be had for a fraction of the price of e88cc & 6922 tubes.
Cheers.
Hello, guys! I could use some tip :)
I have a pair of valvo labeled pcc88 (harleen made, 70's) which i enjoy very much. How do they relate to harleen's e88cc tubes (miniwatts, valvos)? 
Should i expect something similar, but a bit more refined sound overall? 

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #7,535 of 23,494
I sent a message to see if he could give me the codes. Haven't heard anything yet. But ya know Billy, sometimes gambling pays off :wink:
Undated yellows...Sam loves to live dangerously.  Hey Sam, check out the race car driver in the pic behind the
Valvo Cca's.  He's even dressed in yellow.  Maybe you could make the seller an offer on the pic.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #7,537 of 23,494
I sent a message to see if he could give me the codes. Haven't heard anything yet. But ya know Billy, sometimes gambling pays off
wink.gif

I know bro.  You've made a career out of it.

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #7,540 of 23,494
And I've been rewarded for all the madness. Thank God all that is over. Patiently waiting for your same Valvo PW's to pop up on the bay. That's my only quest at this point. LOL

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you Sam.  If you ever see any LO (zero) or L1 Heerlen Amperex 6922 or Philips Miniwatt E88CC PW's I'd recommend them as, or even more, highly.  Lot of gold internals in those 2 earliest versions.  No gold in later versions.  I hear them as just a mini-touch richer and more resonant than the Valvo Cca 88CC PW pair you helped me to complete.  The Valvo Cca PW's have a bit more detail however.

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #7,542 of 23,494
Just a heads up: Tubemonger is having a fall sale (10% off everything).  Here's a random link to get you started:

http://www.tubemonger.com/Mullard_MINT_NOS_1964_MIL_7308_CV4109_E188CC_SHIEL_p/2005m-sl.htm

We can dream... 
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #7,543 of 23,494
Anyone able to point me towards some info on "darios miniwatts"?

Just impulsed bought these and trying to find out some information.( For instance if I paid too much or got a bargin!)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAMOUS-DESIRED-E188CC-PHILIPS-PREMIUM-version-E88CC-6922-GOLD-NOS-NIB-/271995807005?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=qORuekdqVTGNq32eAO7KUDDmw1g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Trying to work out the year of production from the factory codes too.
Found this but can't get my art school educated brain round it!
http://frank.pocnet.net/other/Philips/PhilipsCodeListAB-v8.pdf

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #7,544 of 23,494
  Anyone able to point me towards some info on "darios miniwatts"?

Just impulsed bought these and trying to find out some information.( For instance if I paid too much or got a bargin!)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAMOUS-DESIRED-E188CC-PHILIPS-PREMIUM-version-E88CC-6922-GOLD-NOS-NIB-/271995807005?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=qORuekdqVTGNq32eAO7KUDDmw1g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Trying to work out the year of production from the factory codes too.
Found this but can't get my art school educated brain round it!
http://frank.pocnet.net/other/Philips/PhilipsCodeListAB-v8.pdf

It's not a bad price.  VR is the tube type (Euro E188CC, same as US 7308) and 7 is the "revision" or "change" code.  I can't see the factory and date codes in the photos, but I see the seller mentions F, which is the Philips factory in France (see that PDF).  Following the F should be a single number (that's the year; should be from the 1960s with a 7 change code).  After the year number should be a single letter.  That represents the month of production (A for January through L for December).  There might be another number after the month letter, which would indicate the week within that month (1-5).

I have a pair of E188CCs from that factory (mid-60s, IIRC).  There very nice tubes.

OK, looking closer, I think I see F8I2 on one tube, which would be France factory, 1968, September, 2nd week.

Also, no need to get hung up on "labels" (Dario Miniwatt, et al.).  It's more about the factory and the date of production.

Oct 1, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #7,545 of 23,494
It's not a bad price.  VR is the tube type (Euro E188CC, same as US 7308) and 7 is the "revision" or "change" code.  I can't see the factory and date codes in the photos, but I see the seller mentions F, which is the Philips factory in France (see that PDF).  Following the F should be a single number (that's the year; should be from the 1960s with a 7 change code).  After the year number should be a single letter.  That represents the month of production (A for January through L for December).  There might be another number after the month letter, which would indicate the week within that month (1-5).

I have a pair of E188CCs from that factory (mid-60s, IIRC).  There very nice tubes.

OK, looking closer, I think I see F8I2 on one tube, which would be France factory, 1968, September, 2nd week.

[rule]
Also, no need to get hung up on "labels" (Dario Miniwatt, et al.).  It's more about the factory and the date of production.

Thanks for the help :)
How long do you think they'll need to burn in for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back