Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
May 30, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #6,977 of 23,494
FYI
http://www.head-fi.org/t/759230/the-1963-amperex-holland-7308-bugle-boy-the-tube-that-doesnt-exist

May 30, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #6,979 of 23,494
I'm just now fiddling, with the 80 hour mark on these Valvos. Lord have mercy! The expansion of the soundstage , width , height , and depth has opened up tremendously. It's literally like listening to different tubes. I can't believe how much these have changed since I got them. I'm currently listening to one of my favorite jazz tunes , and the saxophone in the song feels and images bigger than the room(20x12)I'm listening in. The expansion of notes is insane! Cellos , feel like they're cutting you in half , presenting themselves as 15 foot , global shaped, pendulums out of total darkness. Lol.

GOOD GOD!
:beerchug:

May 30, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #6,980 of 23,494
Wow, whole lot of info to chew through. I'm gonna start reading, but I may as well ask too. Got a Lyre (v1, with relay) and a dead tube. Any budget tubes I should look into that will go well with a pair of HE400's? Figuring since they aren't that powerful a ton of gain isn't necessary, but low noise floor might be nice.

May 30, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #6,981 of 23,494
I'm just now fiddling, with the 80 hour mark on these Valvos. Lord have mercy! The expansion of the soundstage , width , height , and depth has opened up tremendously. It's literally like listening to different tubes. I can't believe how much these have changed since I got them. I'm currently listening to one of my favorite jazz tunes , and the saxophone in the song feels and images bigger than the room(20x12)I'm listening in. The expansion of notes is insane! Cellos , feel like they're cutting you in half , presenting themselves as 15 foot , global shaped, pendulums out of total darkness. Lol.

GOOD GOD!
beerchug.gif

Sam, can I get some of what you must have ?  I'm not talking about your Valvos.

May 30, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #6,982 of 23,494

GOOD GOD!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I'm happy you are getting so much enjoyment out of them. My Valvos ( where did THEY come from ) are nearing that time as well.

May 31, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #6,983 of 23,494
The last time I posted in this thread I was trying to solve the mystery of my 1963 Amperex Holland 7308 Bugle Boy and I finally did.  Now I am posting to see if anyone wants to make an offer on this extremely rare tube before I list it on Ebay.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/759230/the-1963-amperex-holland-7308-bugle-boy-the-tube-that-doesnt-exist

I was able to show the batch code (VR8) and show the Amperex/Bugle Boy logos on the reverse side of the Tektronix sticker.  AudioTubes.com has gone through the thread and I have an email saying this is the first Holland 7308 Bugle Boy they have ever seen.

Go to the thread to see more details such as the test results from a Triplett 3444.  The tube has no more than 100 hours on it (and I would guess more like 50-75) since I purchased it because this is one of many tubes I use in my Aune T1.  I would much rather sell this to someone that is going to use it and enjoy it than some collector who will put it in a case or whatever.

The main reason I am selling it is because I am going back to college to finish my last two years in Electrical Engineering, so I need all the spare cash I can get.  Having multiple super high end tubes is definitely not a necessity, haha.  This is by far the best tube I have, clearly beating out a 1968 Siemens CCa and a Valvo for the prize.  I actually feel bad having a tube like this in an Aune T1, haha.  If you'd like my impressions on the tube please PM me and I'll get back to you.

Thanks guys!

May 31, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #6,985 of 23,494
Any of yall know how to remove the tube savers from tubemonger? Gosh, I tried for the past 10 minutes but no luck and I dont want to damage my Lyr haha. Cheers

May 31, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #6,987 of 23,494
Jun 1, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #6,988 of 23,494
I have a tasty pair of Siemens from the 60's I believe. Used but low noise and no microphonics and perfect strong balance. I may regret selling but have to thin the herd. Siemens and Halske PCC88 made in Germany. These have some of the finest bass I have ever heard.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/770117/siemens-halske-pcc88-pair-germany

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #6,989 of 23,494
I've been rolling various '70s Voskhods lately and it's time to move some of them out of here if anyone's interested in some great sounding inexpensive tubes. PM me to see what's available or check the sale forums in the next couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back