Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Feb 5, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #4,862 of 23,494
Sorry to hear about you bit of bad luck Bob. I wish all the tube merchants were honorable and stood by their word

Well they try I guess - but really don't take the time to carefully screen and pack these.  And they don't listen to them - which is key as many I reject is because of microphonics or noise.  Oh I'm sort of used to it by now.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #4,863 of 23,494
Oh wow Bob. That's terrible. I hope you can recover your loses with what you have left.

I'll try and work it out with the seller - I doubt it though.  Always hoping for better

I look at the bright side there won't bad HGs out there to ruin their growing reputation.  Some had really badly mismatched sections like 20% or apart.  This would be hard to detect without a tester.  Badly mismatched sections will muddy the detail and clarity of the sound - not good for the sound stage as well.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #4,864 of 23,494

I'll try and work it out with the seller - I doubt it though.  Always hoping for better

Sorry to hear it rb2013. It is unfortunate they do not have the same level of standards you do.

As matter of fact. Going to turn off my lyr2 and start the burn in of your awesome tubes.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #4,865 of 23,494

I look at the bright side there won't bad HGs out there to ruin their growing reputation.  Some had really badly mismatched sections like 20% or apart.  This would be hard to detect without a tester.  Badly mismatched sections will muddy the detail and clarity of the sound - not good for the sound stage as well.

Sorry to hear that Bob. Let us know if we can support you in anyway. You can count on me buddy...

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #4,867 of 23,494
Hey, guys. I received an email from tubemonger.

What is the dif. between

http://www.tubemonger.com/NOVIB_Socket_Saver_1960s_NOS_British_McMurdo_B9A_p/novib-mcmurdo.htm

and

the originals novib socket savers?

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #4,868 of 23,494

What is the dif. between

http://www.tubemonger.com/NOVIB_Socket_Saver_1960s_NOS_British_McMurdo_B9A_p/novib-mcmurdo.htm

and

I had the same question when I saw the same email today...Thanks for asking! I'm interested, too...

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #4,870 of 23,494

Sorry to hear it rb2013. It is unfortunate they do not have the same level of standards you do.

As matter of fact. Going to turn off my lyr2 and start the burn in of your awesome tubes.

Yeah he slipped in a few of the dual getter post Reflektors that I repeatedly confirmed I did not want.  I don't think it's intentional - just careless. 
I do understand - things there are insane there right now.  And I sympathize with the people there - their currency just took another big dive yesterday as they floated it.

On another note I have the Tele '60's E88CC and just waiting for the Siemens E88CC's to arrive to start the monster tube shootout.

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #4,871 of 23,494

What is the dif. between

and

I did as well.  I believe these are a bot narrower so may fit in tight installations that the other wouldn't.

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #4,872 of 23,494

Yeah he slipped in a few of the dual getter post Reflektors that I repeatedly confirmed I did not want.  I don't think it's intentional - just careless. 
I do understand - things there are insane there right now.  And I sympathize with the people there - their currency just took another big dive yesterday as they floated it.

On another note I have the Tele '60's E88CC and just waiting for the Siemens E88CC's to arrive to start the monster tube shootout.

Woot! Looking forward to the shootout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back