Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Feb 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #1,231 of 23,494
I'm truly sorry you got a bad tube, Charles.  Be patient but persistent, and I do hope he'll resolve the issue satisfactorily.  I can only echo what Zuckfun said.

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #1,232 of 23,494
  You are mentioning a fairly neutral can and pretty warm can there, so I don't know if you'll find one that is best for both. The Orange Globes really compliment my K702 AE. Will be trying some Bugle Boys soon as well, but I don't think you can go wrong with the OGs if you have a signature that could use a little warming up such as the K702. They also work pretty well with the HD 600, although I think I'd want something not as warm as the OGs for that one since it's a fairly warm signature already. I imagine they wouldn't be the best for the HD 650, but I don't have experience with that specific can and the Lyr (hope to soon, though).

Thanks so much. Probably going to go with some Orange Globes for my K702

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #1,233 of 23,494
Hello guys!
Didn't find info on a quick read on the old tread...
Maybe you could save me some time helping me here.

I have bifrost/lyr and I'm looking for new tube set.
After 2 1/2 month waiting time because the product was back order, I just received my LCD-2 Vegan version from Audeze!
I'm literally BLOWN AWAY.
Best expense ever. I can't take them of my head.

But like a lot of people here, I was looking to get the best from it :)

Could you please give me your impression on what tube set I should get if I want maximum bass impact?
I would say I love soundstage and separation facts, but i'm really a ''bass-head''.

Thanks!

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,234 of 23,494
Could you please give me your impression on what tube set I should get if I want maximum bass impact?

Voskhod or Reflector 6n23p 72-75
or Russian made EH 6922 (80+).

Feb 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #1,237 of 23,494
So after giving both my stock GE tubes and my Voskhod 75' VRockets ample time to burn in, I have to say I prefer the GE tubes. The Voskhods have great dynamics, but they're a little too dark for my tastes. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm looking for something detailed, with a great soundstage, and that liquidy tube feel. Any suggestions?

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #1,239 of 23,494
  Amperex Bugle Boys - warm, detailed with a great soundstage - a little more "tubey" than the Orange Globes.

+1.  A relatively inexpensive option.  Flove my 1961 Straight Man BBs.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #1,240 of 23,494
Feb 21, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #1,241 of 23,494
Got a question for you guys.  I recently went through every page on this thread and the old Lyr rolling thread. I decided to acquire some Bugle Boys and Orange Globes for my first Lyr tube rolling experience. 

I just recently finished giving both sets a burn in of about 48 hours thus far.

I have the Lyr paired with a modi and LCD-2s. On first listen to the Bugle Boys after burn-in I noticed what most describe as attributes for the Bugle Boys; however, I found they really lacked the punch I experienced with the stock tubes. The mids sounded flat  but quite warm, and the low end got flabby and lazy compared to stock.  I found very similar true for the Orange Globes. I got about 4 hours of listening in thus far on both Bugles and OGs. 

Do they need more burn-in time? I got them from a highly recommended ebay seller. I get the warmth of the tubes that people love about them, but the overall sound is just boring aside from the natural warmth. Were these not the right tubes for me? I'd love some input on my findings, advice, or other tube recommendations that I can research further. I really want something that will bring me the real tubey sound while still being emphatic, like the stocks. 

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #1,242 of 23,494
On first listen to the Bugle Boys....

Bugle Boys are different and has different sound.
I have several - one sounds flat another has the good soundstage with warmth enjoing sound.
Do you have any codes on tubes like GAE, GAC, GAG?

Feb 21, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #1,243 of 23,494
  Bugle Boys are different and has different sound.
I have several - one sounds flat another has the good soundstage with warmth enjoing sound.
Do you have any codes on tubes like GAE, GAC, GAG?

Sure, here is what I have on hand at the moment.

Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8 ECC88 O-Getter

That's about what I know off the top of my head, would I find the codes you are referring to somewhere physically on the tubes?

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #1,244 of 23,494
That's about what I know off the top of my head, would I find the codes you are referring to somewhere physically on the tubes?

Yes, sure, that codes are physically on the tube. Please look on the tube carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back