Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Dec 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #903 of 23,494
  TUBES FOR SALE !!!!

I'm selling a beautiful pair of NOS 1963 Telefunken 6DJ8's. Clean and balanced high-end sound across the entire spectrum. Treble is especially sweet...accurate and extended but never harsh. Check the link below. Bought on ebay from Mercedesman on August 31st of this year. I've put less than 100 hours on them. I smudged one of the Telefunken logos...still very visible however, just not clean like the pictures shown in the link. No noise...dead quiet. Just need the cash for another project.
Great opportunity. Many consider the early Telefunkens as the best 6DJ8/ECC88's available anywhere.

Paid $159. Will sell for $99 plus $8 shipping. I'll eat the PayPal fee.
Packaged very securely and sent USPS with tracking to Continental USA only.

PM me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TELEFUNKEN-6DJ8-ECC88-VACUUM-TUBE-1963-DIAMOND-BOTTOM-MATCHED-PAIR-TUBE-BERLIN-/221261605097?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Just a reminder that these are STILL AVAILABLE for shipping in the continental USA.  A steal of a Christmas gift for yourself.  Sorry about the shipping only in US...I've run into some unexpected hassles a few times when I've shipped internationally.

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #904 of 23,494
I've only heard pairs from the mid to late 60's. Hopefully we'll hear from someone who has 1970's Telefunkens.

Yes, I hope anyone will know the differences if there are any. So if you do please tell 
wink_face.gif

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #905 of 23,494
In the end I ordered the Siemens & Halske E88CC with gold pins and double stage o-getter with chrome (silver) shields. Paid 150 euro right here: http://www.hifitubes.nl/catalog/siemens-e88cc-p-406.html

Hope I didn't pay too much and that the sound is awesome. Fearless1 told me that the soundstage is incredible with tight bass. Pretty much what I'm looking for. The mids are a little weaker but you can't have everything (especially for this price). Can't wait!!

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #906 of 23,494
  In the end I ordered the Siemens & Halske E88CC with gold pins and double stage o-getter with chrome (silver) shields. Paid 150 euro right here: http://www.hifitubes.nl/catalog/siemens-e88cc-p-406.html

Hope I didn't pay too much and that the sound is awesome. Fearless1 told me that the soundstage is incredible with tight bass. Pretty much what I'm looking for. The mids are a little weaker but you can't have everything (especially for this price). Can't wait!!

i thjnk the combo is so good with he500.
  I own siemans cca pre 1965 & e88cc .
  i prefer the latter when running He500

Dec 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #909 of 23,494
Have we come to a consensus on what the best tubes are for bass?

Also is it normal that one of the tube connections is harder to place a tube in and the other goes right in no issue?

I had the exact same problem. I guess it is just the sockets. I now use socket savers and have perfected the art of rolling in and out, so the savers stay in and the tubes come out. But it takes time. :)

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #910 of 23,494
Idea for spoof post/thread. The superiority of silk gloves over plastic gloves for the removal and fixing of tubes - the effect on the SQ. The counter-claims of the cotton glove party. Untreated leather gloves as the nec plus ultra for Russian valves. Chamois leather gloves only for HD800 synergy. This could go on forever...
devil_face.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #911 of 23,494
I have listened to the Siemens & Halske E88CC (Gold pins, double stage o-getter with chrome shield) for two days now and boy do I love this sound. I was going for a bigger soundstage and if possible a good, tight and controlled bass. After contacting Fearless1 I decided to go with the Siemens instead of the Telefunken E88CC. Glad I did, because I'm really loving my time with the Siemens so far. 

The soundstage is incredible, but I might even be more impressed with the bass. I wasn't expecting it. A really nice welcome. It's so tight, so controlled, so clean. Incredible. All my music sounds better now. Doesn't matter if you are talking Bruce Springsteen or B.o.B. Very happy with the purchase. 150 euro well spent imo 
biggrin.gif

So now I have two tubes laying around that I might wanna trade for other tubes. I have the Electro Harmonix 6922 and the Amperex Orange Globes. Both matched pair and around 300 hours on them. If anybody has matched pair that they wanna trade to try out more flavours, let me know!!

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #912 of 23,494
Have we come to a consensus on what the best tubes are for bass?

Also is it normal that one of the tube connections is harder to place a tube in and the other goes right in no issue?

I find the Amperex usn cep 6922s (mid 60s) are great for bass - deep, warm and plenty of punch. Add in to that, lots of detail and you got yourself a very nice tube. 

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #914 of 23,494
  I find the Amperex usn cep 6922s (mid 60s) are great for bass - deep, warm and plenty of punch. Add in to that, lots of detail and you got yourself a very nice tube. 

I just bought some Siemens CCa, Siemens E288CC and Amperex Bugle Boys. Can't wait to test them!

You will not be disappointed with the Siemens and Halske CCa's.  They are among the best I've ever heard.  The Amperex USN-CEP's are also high on my list.

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #915 of 23,494

You will not be disappointed with the Siemens and Halske CCa's.  They are among the best I've ever heard.  The Amperex USN-CEP's are also high on my list.

Good to hear. I have the Siemens and Halske E88CC already so can't wait to compare. Also excited about the E288CC because Lord Soth spoke very highly of them. Bugle Boys seem to have great 3-D so looking forward to those as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back