Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Sep 8, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #13,771 of 23,494
Well, you wouldn't have current going through cathode-anode. Only heater circuit would fully operate.
If you have a DAP/iPod, or TV, radio, anything with RCA outputs you can use that and old HPs or IEMs.
(Doesn't have to be RCA outputs, can be any lineout with adapter cable for RCA.)

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #13,772 of 23,494
I'm keeping my eyes open for a pair of rcas at a steal price like we got on the TS. Somebody has to try the reggae rcas. All I've read about are the commands. Those are 60s+. Wanna go back to war time- doo wop era.

Sep 9, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #13,776 of 23,494
Put back the original TS set with 92hrs, I ran the WE JW with Brimar CV2492 in my dac, when I switched to the TS`s I put Siemens CCa in my dac. Put in a pair of Valvo E88CC (Mullard) in my dac now. I changed the dac`s sound sig when I went to the TS`s the first time. Can`t wait to try yhese tubes in my dac when I get my adapter. I am going to give these TS`s another chance now.

Edit for the new rollers, though not identical sounding the Brimars and Mullards (warm tubes) are much closer in sound vs the Siemens CCa and Mullards.

Edit 2: damn these Tung-Sol`s have very good bass.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #13,777 of 23,494
Picked up a Parks Audio "Budgie" phono stage last week. It's designed to use two 6922 tubes but I wanted to see if the 5670 tubes (with adapter) would work.

No luck and no sound. Reluctantly, I pulled the TS 2C51 tubes back out and "downgraded" to Telefunken E188cc's in the Budgie. :wink:

Carry on.

Sep 9, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #13,779 of 23,494
Anyone who's running TS. Report any changes over the 100 hour mark. I may be losing my mind, but this tube has blossomed into a new realm of sound. I'm a little over the 120 mark, and am completely blown away! Again! LOL

It'll be interesting if any of you get the same results.

Sep 10, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #13,780 of 23,494
Well I man handled the rca ,crushed it in my manly hand I did. Not cut, too butch for that. Lucky me, I've already got a single enroute.
Now, the 6sn7s do not fit in the lyr enclosure. The top is already off two pieces in the house. This place is a freaking zoo.
Also put the GEs back in they are growing on me. Nice air big sound. Still a touch vibrant but even with the cayin amp , not
Bright at all. Just so BIG sounding.

Sep 10, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #13,781 of 23,494
Picked up a Parks Audio "Budgie" phono stage last week. It's designed to use two 6922 tubes but I wanted to see if the 5670 tubes (with adapter) would work.

No luck and no sound. Reluctantly, I pulled the TS 2C51 tubes back out and "downgraded" to Telefunken E188cc's in the Budgie. :wink:

Carry on.
Sorry to hear that. Did you ask Shannon about it? He's really cool about answers. And how do you like it?!

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #13,782 of 23,494
Anyone who's running TS. Report any changes over the 100 hour mark. I may be losing my mind, but this tube has blossomed into a new realm of sound. I'm a little over the 120 mark, and am completely blown away! Again! LOL

It'll be interesting if any of you get the same results.

I am at the 106 hr mark with my brand new pair, these are very good tubes but are not game changers like the WE JW`s. Hoping more burn in time will change my opinion, right now I got quite a few 6922 variants I like better. The Western Electric`s are at the top 3-5 or so in my best list.

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #13,783 of 23,494
I've never had any 6922 variant, that I've owned , or had on loan. Do what these 5670 tubes do. Even my least favorite 5 stars are miles better than the 6922's.
I found a Brimar CV2492 in a drawer, in my kitchen that I thought I sold. Popped it in for sh@*s and giggles, and it felt like the soul of the music was completely extracted. Everything felt closed in ,in comparison. The bass was non-existent , imaging with hardly any separation and no layering. And I actually loved this tube. Lol

All subjective though. Everyone hears things differently.

Hard to believe that these tubes haven't been in either rolling thread until T mentioned them during my hiatus last year lol.

Un-freakin-believable! The TS is the tube that just does it for me. It's by far my favorite of the bunch.

Good times!

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #13,784 of 23,494
I pulled that $17 pair, tried Bill`s WE JW`s, sounding damn good with not many hours on it, and put it my used pair from ebay Tung-Sol square getter. Looks like it has had some hours used. This is a matched pair. The $17 pair was untested. I`ll give em another chance. This should burn in quicked than a new pair I am thinking.

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #13,785 of 23,494
Any word on your adapters for your dac TK? Can't wait to hear your thoughts on what the dac with these tubes delivers. Also keep me posted on your TS. I'm still curious if anything changes for you the further you get into them.
I pulled that $17 pair, tried Bill`s WE JW`s, sounding damn good with not many hours on it, and put it my used pair from ebay Tung-Sol square getter. Looks like it has had some hours used. This is a matched pair. The $17 pair was untested. I`ll give em another chance. This should burn in quicked than a new pair I am thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back