Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Feb 25, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #12,046 of 23,494
Anyone have experience with 1975 Voshkod 6n23p SWGP? Its been my understanding for a while that they placed first out of 17 in the 6922/6DJ8 showdown.

Are the Voshkods the same as the Reflektors?

I really like the 1975 Reflektor 6N23P SWGP with silver shields. I don't like them as well as the early 60's Siemens CCa tubes but they are very close. The Reflektors are less warm and a little more precise. They weren't what I would call abrasive on the upper end but they did bring it out more. I have not listened to them yet with my new DAC so my opinion may change.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #12,047 of 23,494

Are the Voshkods Voskhod (FTFY) the same as the Reflektors?

I really like the 1975 Reflektor 6N23P SWGP with silver shields. I don't like them as well as the early 60's Siemens CCa tubes but they are very close. The Reflektors are less warm and a little more precise. They weren't what I would call abrasive on the upper end but they did bring it out more. I have not listened to them yet with my new DAC so my opinion may change.

No, they were from different factories.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #12,048 of 23,494

No, they were from different factories.

I just copy/pasted! Thanks for fixing the spelling!

I thought so. They looked different to me but I don't have a good close up of the Voskhod tubes.

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #12,049 of 23,494
Anyone have experience with 1975 Voshkod 6n23p SWGP? Its been my understanding for a while that they placed first out of 17 in the 6922/6DJ8 showdown.

They are my second favorite tubes behind my CCa's.  Love the detail.

IMHO, YMMV, yada yada yada

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #12,050 of 23,494

Well the author of that 'showdown' is a BIG fan.  A lot of people though do like them a lot.  I've found them great for detail but pretty abrasive through the upper regions...and I just didn't find them very musical at all.  But that's on my gear.  And my ears.  I had the '74 and the '75 SWGPs.  Sold them both soon after buying them.  You, on the other hand, might love them as much as Rob, the author, does.  You know how this game goes.  All subjective.

True, if Rob would have chosen any other tube #1 I would have been amazed...

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #12,051 of 23,494

Well the author of that 'showdown' is a BIG fan.  A lot of people though do like them a lot.  I've found them great for detail but pretty abrasive through the upper regions...and I just didn't find them very musical at all.  But that's on my gear.  And my ears.  I had the '74 and the '75 SWGPs.  Sold them both soon after buying them.  You, on the other hand, might love them as much as Rob, the author, does.  You know how this game goes.  All subjective.

True, if Rob would have chosen any other tube #1 I would have been amazed...

LMAO, this is what i posted in Rob's thread when it first came out...

I will be honest with you. I had prepared my bunker for the earth to stop spinning on its axis if Bob didn't pick his HG's #1. The prospect of an Eternal Winter scared me. Now I can relax and enjoy the excellent roadmap your observations and interpretations provided for some of the best glass out there. Much appreciated Bob !
(Now what am I supposed to do with these 55 gallon drums of water and all this canned
meat ???!!!!!)

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #12,052 of 23,494
I liked the voskhods. Solid tube. Good bass but limited soundstage. Tone is excellent for a Russian tube. I had a hard time selling mine but, I never used them . Before selling them I ran them for a few days. They should sell for $70 or less. Mine were nos. used for maybe 200 hrs. In the dac and lyr. Too dull for the dac but I liked them in the lyr.

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #12,054 of 23,494
If anyone here has a Gungnir Multibit and is thinking of selling, please PM me.
Thanks !!

Edit:  And if anyone might be thinking of buying a Bifrost Multibit w/gen 2 USB upgrade, let me know.  I'll need to sell mine before I
can do the Gungnir purchase.

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #12,055 of 23,494
Thanks !!

Edit:  And if anyone might be thinking of buying a Bifrost Multibit w/gen 2 USB upgrade, let me know.  I'll need to sell mine before I

Haha Bill you've been diagnosed with upgradititus just like me :D Was about to buy the MJ2+Saga but both are out of stock and then saving up for the yggy, contemplating just straightup getting yggy now as the MJ2 is out of stock

Edit: NVM Yggy also out of stock in schiit-europe damn :D

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #12,056 of 23,494
The Lyr 2 works great with Yggy!

I too was going to order an MJ2 and send back my Lyr 2. But that plan got shot to hell with MJ2 being out of stock. So I am keeping the Lyr 2 for now. 

I'd get an Yggy!

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #12,057 of 23,494

Thanks !!

Haha Bill you've been diagnosed with upgradititus just like me :D Was about to buy the MJ2+Saga but both are out of stock and then saving up for the yggy, contemplating just straightup getting yggy now as the MJ2 is out of stoc

I MUST have it !!!  It doesn't even feel like a choice at this point.  More like a command from God.

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #12,059 of 23,494
  Quad Siemens CCa silver shields, $249.99 OBO.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCa-Siemens-Audio-Tube-4-piece-Tested-Excellent-worldwide-free-shipping-/122373892816

They look like they are from Feb, 1970. I am not in the market but I do wish people would include test results (not that I would trust them) so buyers can see how well the triodes match.

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #12,060 of 23,494
They look like they are from Feb, 1970. I am not in the market but I do wish people would include test results (not that I would trust them) so buyers can see how well the triodes match.

I'm tempted. So tempted - and this brings up a basic tube question I have, if someone could indulge me or point me in the right direction:

In cases like this where the seller isn't claiming matched pairs - I reckon any goofball such as myself could get a tube tester and match them at home? Is it just a question of testing them, and if two tubes are within a close range of values, they are deemed to be matched?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back