Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Sep 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #531 of 23,494
I have both Matsu 6922 and Orange Globes and for me Orange Globes are little bit better with HD700 than Matsu

What year are your orange globes? And which has better soundstage and bass?

Unfortunately I don't know what year they are but for me Orange Globes gave me better details than Matsu, I wish I could find someone who interested to buy or trade them

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #535 of 23,494
I think those '80 Silvers are a real bargain. I wish it was easier to buy the '75s. Now I have to explain the box of 300-400 tubes that are pretty much worthless to my wife - especially since she signed for most of the 30 boxes that have arrived over the last few months from all parts of the old USSR!:)

Thanks for all the effort and $ you've been putting in on the quest.

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #536 of 23,494
Thanks for all the effort and $ you've been putting in on the quest.

Thanks.
The effort has been worth it! I listen to music 10-12 hrs a day, either one of my systems or the Lyr/HD800s so I get to enjoy the wonderful sound these Voskhods create pretty most of my waking moments (classical in my office alot of it). And it is fun...and I feel I've kinda charted new Audio territory. Wifey doesn't get it though:)

Sep 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #537 of 23,494
Thanks.
The effort has been worth it! I listen to music 10-12 hrs a day, either one of my systems or the Lyr/HD800s so I get to enjoy the wonderful sound these Voskhods create pretty most of my waking moments (classical in my office alot of it). And it is fun...and I feel I've kinda charted new Audio territory. Wifey doesn't get it though:)

yeap, I know how that feels like...non audiofile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back