Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Feb 10, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #16,458 of 23,494
Highly recommend the WE 396A and Tung-Sol 2C51 as well as those Reflektor 6N3P-E, those are the warm variants that require an adapter. Detail tubes include Bendix 2C51, CBS 5670 etc.
These last 2 require the same adapter and are extremely unforgiving to bad source.

Black plate twin triode? They're cheaper too. These do require adapters correct? They look fantastic

@jevans2025, Agree with TK on this. These tubes will give fantastic sound for very few dollars. Buy the adapters, well worth it and easy to use. Once you have the adapters, you can roll the tubes TK mentions, lots of excitement and variation in that group.
Good luck and enjoy!

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #16,459 of 23,494
@jevans2025, Agree with TK on this. These tubes will give fantastic sound for very few dollars. Buy the adapters, well worth it and easy to use. Once you have the adapters, you can roll the tubes TK mentions, lots of excitement and variation in that group.
Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks so much for the +1. It helps having consensus.

All in it looks like socket savers + Adapters + the tubes will be about $120ish. That is not bad at all. And I imagine I'm going to be able to look at the orange glowing goodness a lot easier. Worth it for that alone, probably.

I'm going to pull the trigger on all that gear later today after I run some errands. I'll keep you guys posted about the journey. I really really appreciate you guys expertise and help. Nice to be able to skip mediocre gear and go straight to the NOS cream of the crop. I'm excited.

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #16,460 of 23,494

All in it looks like socket savers + Adapters + the tubes will be about $120ish. That is not bad at all. And I imagine I'm going to be able to look at the orange glowing goodness a lot easier. Worth it for that alone, probably.

I'm going to pull the trigger on all that gear later today after I run some errands. I'll keep you guys posted about the journey. I really really appreciate you guys expertise and help. Nice to be able to skip mediocre gear and go straight to the NOS cream of the crop. I'm excited.

Yeh, to start.

Then it begins....

:smile_phones:

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #16,461 of 23,494

It's Chinese New Year, so expect a few weeks delay on the adapters. Might take 4-6 weeks to get to you. I have a spare pair being returned to me this week if you need a loaner pair to tide you over until yours arrive. Would only be a few bucks 1st class to ship them to you.

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #16,462 of 23,494
Yeah I would only go with some of the 6922 tubes if you really don’t want to get the adapters. I agree with everyone that the 5670 family plus adapters is definitely the way to go! It won’t be long till you get the itch to buy some Western Electric 396a’s... :ksc75smile:

The Tung-Sols 2C51 are a fantastic value. I would also recommend checking out the 1975 6n3p that Auditory Canvas has, they are great for the price also. I would also take him up in the adapter trade, that’s what I did.

Feb 10, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #16,463 of 23,494

You should definitely check out some of the tubes that Auditory Canvas is selling now that you have the adapters. Great Russian tubes and very affordable.

Hope your wallet enjoys its stay. :wink:

Feb 10, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #16,466 of 23,494
Thanks again for all you guys' help and recommendations.

As of now I've ordered socket savers and the adapter, and I'm getting in touch with Auditory Canvas about trying out some of those russian tubes. I'm excited, and it feels better to buy from a head fier than someone on Ebay, though some of those ebay stores looked legit.

You guys are awesome

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #16,467 of 23,494
Thanks again for all you guys' help and recommendations.

As of now I've ordered socket savers and the adapter, and I'm getting in touch with Auditory Canvas about trying out some of those russian tubes. I'm excited, and it feels better to buy from a head fier than someone on Ebay, though some of those ebay stores looked legit.

You guys are awesome

I'm burning in some of the russian tubes from auditorycanvas right now and they amaze me. I'm right at 36 hours with them and keep getting better. I'm listening every 12 hours and they sound different to me everytime. Much better than any of the 6922 tubes that I was using. I think that you will be happy with them. I am! :L3000:

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #16,468 of 23,494
I'm burning in some of the russian tubes from auditorycanvas right now and they amaze me. I'm right at 36 hours with them and keep getting better. I'm listening every 12 hours and they sound different to me everytime. Much better than any of the 6922 tubes that I was using. I think that you will be happy with them. I am! :L3000:

That's exciting. I think they'll probably be a big improvement over the stock tubes. I've always felt like my system sounded pretty good, especially since the multibit upgrade. But I'm ready and excited to do a little tweaking at this point. Thinking about possibly getting a glass optical cable in a month or so after I evaluate the tube difference.

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #16,469 of 23,494
After I received the Russian tube and heard how great they sound compared to some of my other tubes for such dirt cheap price. I ended up making this face:

dog.jpg

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #16,470 of 23,494
After I received the Russian tube and heard how great they sound compared to some of my other tubes for such dirt cheap price. I ended up making this face:

dog.jpg

Lol! Jeeze, I guess I didn't miss out on too much with the $100+ NOS scene in that case. I would've felt guilty throwing that much coin towards glass I think.

Maybe I should grab two pair.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back