Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Feb 2, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #16,353 of 23,494
Thanks...I'll do that
Currently at a good price, I'd see how they fare in the auction, if you can grab them for less, then great. Otherwise, I have a few pairs for sale. NOS, in original boxes.

While the windmill getters seem to get a better opinion on the forums, I personally prefer the square getter version. I know of a few other people that feel the same way about them. But either way, I have both, so whichever you prefer.

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #16,355 of 23,494
Currently at a good price, I'd see how they fare in the auction, if you can grab them for less, then great. Otherwise, I have a few pairs for sale. NOS, in original boxes.

While the windmill getters seem to get a better opinion on the forums, I personally prefer the square getter version. I know of a few other people that feel the same way about them. But either way, I have both, so whichever you prefer.

Sent you a PM

Feb 3, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #16,357 of 23,494
Ok so the CBS 5670 are detail monsters. I thought at first they were muffled sounding, but they're just so smooth with my LCD2c it took a minute to appreciate the details they provide. Thanks again TK for the heads up on trying them out.

So I popped in the Tubg-sol 2c51s I bought for a quick listen, unfortunately there is quite a bit of tube noise on the right channel tube on first listening :frowning2: It was really noticeable on a quiet background. Then all of a sudden it stopped and now they are dead quiet. I'm really enjoying these too. The mids and bass are they were described, both are fantastic.

Next step will be to start the burn in process on the Foton's I got from Auditory Canvas.

Thanks again everyone for keeping this thread relevant for us late to the Lyr tube rolling game!

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #16,358 of 23,494
Ok so the CBS 5670 are detail monsters. I thought at first they were muffled sounding, but they're just so smooth with my LCD2c it took a minute to appreciate the details they provide. Thanks again TK for the heads up on trying them out.

So I popped in the Tubg-sol 2c51s I bought for a quick listen, unfortunately there is quite a bit of tube noise on the right channel tube on first listening :frowning2: It was really noticeable on a quiet background. Then all of a sudden it stopped and now they are dead quiet. I'm really enjoying these too. The mids and bass are they were described, both are fantastic.

Next step will be to start the burn in process on the Foton's I got from Auditory Canvas.

Thanks again everyone for keeping this thread relevant for us late to the Lyr tube rolling game!
Decided on only keeping LM Ericsson steel and gold pin for detailed 2C51 tube, Tried out the Ericsson`s with 4 different cans. HD700 and HE560 had amazing detail, LCD2-C has very good detail, using them right now, the AFO had good detail. The CBS 5670 has about the same detail as the LME`s. I tend to like the warmer 2C51 variants better so all the other tubes except the LME`s are going to new homes.

Feb 3, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #16,359 of 23,494
Decided on only keeping LM Ericsson steel and gold pin for detailed 2C51 tube, Tried out the Ericsson`s with 4 different cans. HD700 and HE560 had amazing detail, LCD2-C has very good detail, using them right now, the AFO had good detail. The CBS 5670 has about the same detail as the LME`s. I tend to like the warmer 2C51 variants better so all the other tubes except the LME`s are going to new homes.

Well I might have to try them out, I might try to see If I could trade Autostart some WA22 rectifier tubes for a pair. Do you find much difference between the steel and gold pins? I agree I like a little more warmth than the CBS provide, but they're aren't as bad as expected.

Feb 4, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #16,361 of 23,494
So after listening more over the weekend I think my favorite pairing with the LCD2c so far is either the CBS 5670 or the Amperex 6DJ8 Bugle Boy o getter. After trying the orange globes are just a bit too lush in their sound for me. They're great when listening to classic rock and other less fast paced music, but they seem to lose a little coherency when there is a lot going on.

I love being able to keep track of the bass line easily when listening to the Bugle Boy. It seems to pair really well with anything with a lot of dynamics.

Feb 4, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #16,363 of 23,494
I haven't had a chance yet. I think that will be next up after I let the Bugle boys cool down a bit.

Feb 4, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #16,364 of 23,494
I know that Siemens, Telefunken, and Amperex made tubes for other companies. Any of you guys seen an RCA labeled Telefunken E88CC or E188CC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back