Schiit Lyr+ : Impressions Thread
Nov 15, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,051 of 1,331
Well I hope once they repair my lyr+ that the problem is gone for good

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #1,052 of 1,331
Quick question for anyone hanging around: Have any of you had a lyr+ for more than a few months and it's still going strong with no issues? Only really seeing negative stories in here.

I'm looking to move from my a90d. I've had two die on me in the last year so I'm a bit hesitant to get into something else that will also break early. If the answer is no to my question, I may end up with a jotunheim 2. Though it seems the lyr+ would be a slightly better fit for my preferences of detail retrieval and imaging. Any insight at all would be super appreciated!

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #1,053 of 1,331
Quick question for anyone hanging around: Have any of you had a lyr+ for more than a few months and it's still going strong with no issues? Only really seeing negative stories in here.

I'm looking to move from my a90d. I've had two die on me in the last year so I'm a bit hesitant to get into something else that will also break early. If the answer is no to my question, I may end up with a jotunheim 2. Though it seems the lyr+ would be a slightly better fit for my preferences of detail retrieval and imaging. Any insight at all would be super appreciated!
I've had mine for ~13 months and no problems. 99%+ of the time I run it with a tube. I've rolled quite a few so far (not often a 6SN7; ECC82s lately), and no problems. It rarely gets warm to the touch; much cooler than the Lyr OG (only distant cousins in terms of design).

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #1,054 of 1,331

I had to send mine in twice but the last one I've had for just about a full year now. I have little USB powered fans that keep it cool. You can see them in this post.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #1,055 of 1,331

I’ve had mine since it was released, so about 14 months. No issues at all. Never gets too hot to touch, just warm. Also stacked on top of a BF2.

Nov 22, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #1,056 of 1,331
I use 1" [Clearlight Audio] RDC isolation cones/cups underneath the LYR+. It gets a little warm, but never hot.

1700690373266.png
1700690445495.png

Nov 22, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #1,057 of 1,331
I am the second owner of my unit. Originally purchased fall of 2022 and never failed until I got it. Then failed in February of this year, and last week. Love it though! Hopefully, this will be the last time it has issues.

I don't think the overheating is the cause of failure, but a symptom. Perhaps a fatal symptom, but the origination of failure is not from the unit getting too hot. However, I have absolutely no knowledge of electrical circuitry beyond the absolute basics.

Nov 22, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #1,058 of 1,331
Third owner here. No problems yet, but then again I listen to the LYR+ intermittently.
Have been on the fence about the Hagerman Tuba and listening to that and the SMSL SP400 for the most part.
Bought a 6SN7-to-6922 adapter and have especially enjoyed the LYR+ [and LYR3] with a 6922 [or equivalent] tube.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #1,059 of 1,331
Some things to be careful of:
Is the headphone plug in all the way? If not, it can short the circuit and potentially fry something.
Is the tube in correctly? It's easier than one may think to force the tube in the wrong way.

I have a review unit in, and so far I like it best with an old chrome-top Sylvania, but they are expensive! I'm going to have to try some of my 6922 collection though. I like the solid state mode over the stock Tung Sol tube, though I haven't put many hours on it.

Nov 26, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #1,061 of 1,331
Some things to be careful of:
Is the headphone plug in all the way? If not, it can short the circuit and potentially fry something.
Is the tube in correctly? It's easier than one may think to force the tube in the wrong way.

I have a review unit in, and so far I like it best with an old chrome-top Sylvania, but they are expensive! I'm going to have to try some of my 6922 collection though. I like the solid state mode over the stock Tung Sol tube, though I haven't put many hours on it.
will look out for your review as i am tempted to give one a try

Nov 26, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #1,062 of 1,331
Nov 26, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #1,064 of 1,331
I use 1" [Clearlight Audio] RDC isolation cones/cups underneath the LYR+. It gets a little warm, but never hot.

1700690373266.png1700690445495.png
I use wine corks (natural cork) divided into 1/3rdS. Put a dab of blu-tack and you're good to go.

Nov 26, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #1,065 of 1,331

My Lyr 3 is older than than 3 years. No problems.

I'm curious, the warranty on the product is 5 years. Why are you concerned?

The most you'd be out-of-pocket is the postage back to Schiit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back