Schiit Lyr 3 Tube rolling thread.....
Oct 13, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #3,691 of 5,228

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #3,692 of 5,228
Oct 13, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #3,693 of 5,228

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #3,694 of 5,228
GE (how the hell did that get in my stash?)
Bill - we know you secretly use the GE tubes to listen to Britney Spears music on weekends! No use denying... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #3,695 of 5,228

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #3,698 of 5,228
Kenrad just arrived. It has some light burn marks on the top but I'm hoping it doesn't have too many hours on it. I purchased it from a pretty reputable ebay seller, and it certainly weren't cheap! Excited to test it against the new production Tungsol (which I quite enjoy) and a few two hole Bad Boys.

20191015_164251.jpg 20191015_164301.jpg

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #3,699 of 5,228
Kenrad just arrived. It has some light burn marks on the top but I'm hoping it doesn't have too many hours on it. I purchased it from a pretty reputable ebay seller, and it certainly weren't cheap! Excited to test it against the new production Tungsol (which I quite enjoy) and a few two hole Bad Boys.

I don't think that those are burn marks. I believe that it is getter material that travelled up the plates during the flashing process.

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #3,700 of 5,228

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #3,702 of 5,228
I have to write some words about my JJ 6SN7.

From the begining after the purchase I was not somewhat impressed and there was also some review on the internet, that it sounds bad on Schiit Freya 2 or something. But here is my thoughts after probably more than 100 hours with it. JJ 6SN7 sounds now just awesome!!! I don`t know if it sounds this good immediately or if it opens up after some burn. Today I put to Lyr3 russian stock tube to compare it, but what a bloat. JJ is absolutely on another level. Its spacious, the soundstage is way more bigger, it is crisp, detailed, spacious, it sounds sweet and there is absolutely awesome subbass with LCD-2C which is completely missing with russian stock tube. That slam is ridiculous. It hits strong, deep and I mean very deep, but detailed and refined. With JJ I have a feeling that music plays around me and I am somewhere inside. With russian stock it is like music is playing in smaller sphere.

I can highly recommend JJ 6SN7. For that price it is crazy good!

If this is like someone said bad tube, I really can not wait to try something like Psvane. Any recommendations for another tube which I should try?

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #3,703 of 5,228
I have to write some words about my JJ 6SN7.

From the begining after the purchase I was not somewhat impressed and there was also some review on the internet, that it sounds bad on Schiit Freya 2 or something. But here is my thoughts after probably more than 100 hours with it. JJ 6SN7 sounds now just awesome!!! I don`t know if it sounds this good immediately or if it opens up after some burn. Today I put to Lyr3 russian stock tube to compare it, but what a bloat. JJ is absolutely on another level. Its spacious, the soundstage is way more bigger, it is crisp, detailed, spacious, it sounds sweet and there is absolutely awesome subbass with LCD-2C which is completely missing with russian stock tube. That slam is ridiculous. It hits strong, deep and I mean very deep, but detailed and refined. With JJ I have a feeling that music plays around me and I am somewhere inside. With russian stock it is like music is playing in smaller sphere.

I can highly recommend JJ 6SN7. For that price it is crazy good!

If this is like someone said bad tube, I really can not wait to try something like Psvane. Any recommendations for another tube which I should try?
I recently rolled the new production Tung Sol 6SN7GTB into my Feliks-Audio Elise driver position and am very impressed. I can't speak to how they'd perform in Lyr3 but they are inexpensive as well, may be worth a try!

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #3,704 of 5,228

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back