Schiit Lyr 3 Tube rolling thread.....
Jun 23, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #316 of 5,228
Cool comparison! I have been nothing short of immensely impressed with the Lyr 3. Tube rolling has been a fun exercise and I’m surprised at how much it responds to different tubes. Pretty sweet piece of gear from Schiit.

Jun 23, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #317 of 5,228

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #318 of 5,228
Got mine from Brent Jesse as well. Very pleased with all the tubes I've gotten from him.

I'm curious myself about D vs O. I usually like to get 50 hours on a tube before I start making comparisons. But when I'm not listening I'm burning-in for 16 hours a day with a cd so it usually only takes about a week to do two tubes.

But, man, I like the Ken-Rad more and more with each listen.

Jun 23, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #319 of 5,228
@bcowen --- I don't have a halo getter WHs - all mine are D getters. I'll be happy to buy a halo just for giggles for comparison.

Tomorrow is Foton day. I just hope my ears are discerning enough to hear a difference and my audio vocabulary extensive enough to communicate that difference.

I sure hope the WH bottom end blosdoms for you. I'm really taking to it, but not to a point where I dislike the Fotons.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #320 of 5,228
I don't have a halo getter WHs - all mine are D getters. I'll be happy to buy a halo just for giggles for comparison.

Tomorrow is Foton day. I just hope my ears are discerning enough to hear a difference and my vocabulary extensive enough to communicate that difference.

I sure hope the WH bottom end blosdoms for you. I'm really taking to it, but not to a podcast not where I dislike the Fotons.

I think I got Brent's last "O" Getter.

Jun 24, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #321 of 5,228
@bcowen --- I don't have a halo getter WHs - all mine are D getters. I'll be happy to buy a halo just for giggles for comparison.

Tomorrow is Foton day. I just hope my ears are discerning enough to hear a difference and my audio vocabulary extensive enough to communicate that difference.

I sure hope the WH bottom end blosdoms for you. I'm really taking to it, but not to a point where I dislike the Fotons.
My WH is a short bottle. It has plenty of bass. The guy who recommended them to me said to make sure it said Reliatron on it w/ D getter. (So I did.)

Who knows what, if any, difference they're going to have.

Also, quit buying these.

I keep trying to find a backup, and it's always sold before I pull the trigger.

:yum:

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #322 of 5,228
I have 3x WH Reliatron medium bottle D getters and a 4th that's re-branded as Channel Master. :p

Jun 24, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #323 of 5,228
Just Arrived! D-GETTER HALO-GETTER

I'd be interested to know how that short bottle D getter sounds, both my D getters are tall bottle (3rd not turned up yet) What's the date code on your D getter?

Jun 24, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #324 of 5,228
I'd be interested to know how that short bottle D getter sounds, both my D getters are tall bottle (3rd not turned up yet) What's the date code on your D getter?

Not really sure how to read date codes;

The "Halo" tall bottle has 62-13 on it. To the right of the 'star" on the base looks like some print wore off or there was some over-spray / over-brush when labeling.
The top has "Made in USA" and 6SN7GTB imprinted. Staggered, flat, light gray plates.

The "D" short bottle has "7R43" on the base to the right and 6SN7GTB imprinted on the side of the bottle.The same staggered, flat, plates but they are a darker gray color.

Jun 24, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #325 of 5,228

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #326 of 5,228

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #327 of 5,228
Hmmmm. The mystery thickens. After a closer inspection, I have 2x WH Reliatron labeled tubes and 1x WH labeled tube. The Channel Master tube that I thought was a short bottle WH match, is NOT as the plates are a dark gray as opposed to black and wider, and mica is different. All are top D getters, however.

Note: The tube on the left of the 4-tube pic is a 9R52

I have not listened to the non-Reliatron WH yet, but I honestly cannot see any difference upon inspection. Below are pics for those among us that are Tube Sleuths to review and comment...

REL-WH-CM.jpg

WH-REL-CM.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #328 of 5,228
Hmmmm. The mystery thickens. After a closer inspections, i have 2x WH Reliatron labeled tubes, 1x WH labeled tube. The Channel Master tube that I thought was a WH match, is NOT a match as the plates are a dark gray as opposed to black, mica is different and plates are wider. All are top D getters, however.

Note: The tube on the left of the 4-tube pic is a 9R52

I have not listened to the non-Reliatron WH yet, but I honestly cannot see any difference upon inspection. Below are pics for those among us that are Tube Sleuths to review and comment...

Images won't display

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #329 of 5,228
Jun 24, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #330 of 5,228

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back