Schiit Lyr 3 Tube rolling thread.....
Nov 4, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #2,671 of 5,228
That ranks as the worst photoshop job I've ever seen.

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #2,672 of 5,228

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #2,673 of 5,228
Nov 4, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #2,674 of 5,228
Only you would expect high quality pictures of vomit.

Yeah -- I guess expecting the vomit to be on the same plane as the desktop is asking a bit too much. I, unlike you, take great pride in ALL that I do.
You get an 'F' for this one, but I will give you an opportunity to re-submit a more realistic rendition for a 'C'. :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #2,675 of 5,228
Yeah -- I guess expecting the vomit to be on the same plane as the desktop is asking a bit too much. I, unlike you, take great pride in ALL that I do.
You get an 'F' for this one, but I will give you an opportunity to re-submit a more realistic rendition for a 'C'. :wink:
I will give Bill a C- if he promises NOT to re-submit more vomit photos...

Nov 4, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #2,676 of 5,228
A LISST? No wonder there's a pile of Lyr vomit on the table. :relaxed:

Seriously, very interested in your thoughts on the Treasure when you get it.

"Seriously, very interested in your thoughts on the Treasure when you get it."

Me too, I'll post. I've got many of the "highly regarded" others; Ken-Rad VT231 (a favorite) WH's in "D" and "Halo" versions, a bunch of Sylvania's, some Foton's (another goody)...
In searching out opinions on the Psvane / Grant Fidelity offerings they are all over the place with regard to sound and durability.
I've found they (Psvanes) could use a bit more burn-in than usual but as I got over 50 and approaching 100 hours I find they are pretty uniform in F/R from top to bottom without any specific
"grabs my attention areas" and that makes for long term listen-ability for me personally.
But I also recognize that others may prefer more of this or less of that in the sound presentation, to each there own. Just be satisfied.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #2,677 of 5,228
I checked in with Jason, and he states LISST stands for Luxuriating In Smooth and Sultry Tubeyness.

My Lyr tube rolling days are over!!

Nov 4, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #2,678 of 5,228

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #2,679 of 5,228

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #2,680 of 5,228
More like Lacking In 'Staging, Spaciousness, and Timbre.

As stated by someone that's never heard one.

I, however, own one and can factually state...

That you are correct. :frowning2:

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #2,681 of 5,228
I've found they (Psvanes) could use a bit more burn-in than usual but as I got over 50 and approaching 100 hours I find they are pretty uniform in F/R from top to bottom without any specific
"grabs my attention areas" and that makes for long term listen-ability for me personally.
That's what I've been liking the 6SN7-SE for, compared with the runner-up (1944 Ken-Rad VT231), both on the Lyr 3 and on the Apex Peak. I should do some further comparisons sometime, but my home office is all in a shambles because of some coming wall and shelving work, so I don't want to be messing about with fragile amps and tubes. Once that's all done and all the gear is reinstalled on its custom shelves next to my desk, I'll have a nice layout for lots of experimentation (2 streamers, 2 DACs, 2 amps, multiple tubes).

Nov 6, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #2,682 of 5,228
Rolled into the adaptor the Russian 6S5S tubes today which are the russian equivalent of the western 6C5G tubes.

s6fuPGZ.jpg

I'm rather surprised, i thought this was experimenting a tad too far but at the price i thought what could it hurt?

Tube is quite warm i feel, not massively so but warmer than most others i've tried, if anyones heard an RCA 5692, it's a little warmer than that.

This is where it gets interesting... soundstage is huge, imaging is impressive. Very 3D, usually only hear soundstaging like this on more neutral tubes in my experience with Lyr 3, never in combination with this amount of bass.

Mids are quite rich sounding, meaty.

Treble is laid back but very detailed and natural sounding. Lacks some airiness though.

Great separation of instruments.

I thought i'd end up chucking these in the bin but i'm pleasantly surprised :)

If anyone wants to look out for these, mine are '56 Reflektors, not found any other makes yet fom Russia.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #2,683 of 5,228
Rolled into the adaptor the Russian 6S5S tubes today which are the russian equivalent of the western 6C5G tubes.

s6fuPGZ.jpg

I'm rather surprised, i thought this was experimenting a tad too far but at the price i thought what could it hurt?

Tube is quite warm i feel, not massively so but warmer than most others i've tried, if anyones heard an RCA 5692, it's a little warmer than that.

This is where it gets interesting... soundstage is huge, imaging is impressive. Very 3D, usually only hear soundstaging like this on more neutral tubes in my experience with Lyr 3, never in combination with this amount of bass.

Mids are quite rich sounding, meaty.

Treble is laid back but very detailed and natural sounding. Lacks some airiness though.

Great separation of instruments.

I thought i'd end up chucking these in the bin but i'm pleasantly surprised :)

If anyone wants to look out for these, mine are '56 Reflektors, not found any other makes yet fom Russia.

This is madness...

NO! THIS IS TUBE TOWN!!!

Nov 7, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #2,684 of 5,228

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #2,685 of 5,228
They look SUUPPPEEER high quality lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back