Schiit Lokius Impressions & Reviews
Aug 16, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #271 of 305
Hey guys,

I recently got the ho200 and su 9 from smsl and really enjoying them. However, as an audiophile basshead, I miss the slam from the Xtra bass switch on my ifi idsd micro signature. Thinking about adding in either the lokius or the zen can (or zen dac-- not sure why ifi has so many products that seem redundant).

Anyone have both in line?
I'm an audiophile basshead as well.

Aug 16, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #272 of 305
I just received the Lokius yesterday. While the site stated 4-6 wks for delivery, it arrived in less than 4 wks. Surprisingly, I actually prefer the Loki over the Lokius. The Loki just sounds better and has more impact when adjusting the bands, which is understandable as it has 2 less bands… but I found that the 20Hz adjustment for the Lokius does very little, which is disappointing. Also, the black powder coating and graphics don’t match my other black Schiit component(s), which isn’t a big deal, but noticeable.

492D0B1C-1E79-44E5-8D9F-F0D4D24CAD83.jpeg
Hello. I notice you have the RME unit. How do you like it compared to your Schiit set up? I'm looking at both. I have the HiFiMan HE1000v2's. I like to add bass.

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #273 of 305
I'm an audiophile basshead as well.
I think 50% of all audiophiles are bassheads.
The other 50% just won't admit to it... :laughing:

Aug 18, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #275 of 305
I think 50% of all audiophiles are bassheads.
The other 50% just won't admit to it... :laughing:
In fact bass is not much appreciated by household :woman::woman::woman: especially out of floor standing mammoths 😁😁

Aug 26, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #276 of 305
Hello. I notice you have the RME unit. How do you like it compared to your Schiit set up? I'm looking at both. I have the HiFiMan HE1000v2's. I like to add bass.
Recently I’ve been using the RME ADI-2 DAC & Schiit Jotunheim 2. The two have great synergy. The RME can be intimidating w/all of its features, but once you develop a comfort level, then it’s great, particularly the EQ.

Oct 31, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #277 of 305
Received my Lokius today along with a pair of Snake Oil PYST to go between my Cambridge CXN and Mcintosch amp using the balance ports and RCA IN/OUT to my headphones amps.
Definitely a solid build and a decent look and feel with heavy duty feeling switches and Pots.
Kudos for Alex Martin @Schiit for fast and smooth order and delivery.
Audio impressions will follow once it's all set and ready to sing. :relaxed:

Oct 31, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #278 of 305
Received my Lokius today along with a pair of Snake Oil PYST to go between my Cambridge CXN and Mcintosch amp using the balance ports and RCA IN/OUT to my headphones amps.
Definitely a solid build and a decent look and feel with heavy duty feeling switches and Pots.
Kudos for Alex Martin @Schiit for fast and smooth order and delivery.
Audio impressions will follow once it's all set and ready to sing. :relaxed:
Have had my Lokius for over a year and really find it useful for tailoring the sound of my headfi
system to my particular taste. Hope you enjoy your Lokius!

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #279 of 305
Have had my Lokius for over a year and really find it useful for tailoring the sound of my headfi
system to my particular taste. Hope you enjoy your Lokius!
Glad to hear that and thanks for the wishes :relaxed:
Although it took me lots of thought especially with tone controls and equalizers getting extinct till Schiit brought it back in fashion only for Mcintosch to follow lately
https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/room-correction/MQ112
I will be able to experience all scenarios from pure untouched digital signal direct to the Mac audio as well as balanced equalized input for all headphones amp as well.

Nov 1, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #280 of 305
Anyone tried on the Lokius the difference between going Balanced-IN---->RCA-Out vs RCA-IN--->RCA-Out since DACs have both balanced and unbalanced Out and since I will be using RCA-Out on the Lokius side why to repeat the unbalanced to balanced conversion within the Lokius ?

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #281 of 305
Anyone tried on the Lokius the difference between going Balanced-IN---->RCA-Out vs RCA-IN--->RCA-Out since DACs have both balanced and unbalanced Out and since I will be using RCA-Out on the Lokius side why to repeat the unbalanced to balanced conversion within the Lokius ?
I have not, but RCA-in allows you to listen to music with the Lokius actually OFF.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #282 of 305
I have not, but RCA-in allows you to listen to music with the Lokius actually OFF.
Good to know, maybe same if you go balanced In & Out

Nov 1, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #283 of 305
Nov 1, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #284 of 305
Nov 2, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #285 of 305
I’m using both RCA and Balanced in/out at the same time going into different amps. I can’t detect any difference in sound quality or should I say that the Lokius isn’t adding any noticeable sound of its own to my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back