Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Apr 27, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #6,050 of 6,472
Thanks for the advise, but in what way is it not ideal? As in the sound quality is not ideal? Thanks
Just conceptually, since there are two potentiometers involved when only one is needed (you can minimize that effect by turning up the volume on one of the amps all the way - just remember that when you change the setup), the whole amplifier circuitry is active, etc. A pure DAC might yield better results.
I haven't actually tried it myself, though, so I can't comment on the sound in practice. If you have both devices already, just try it.

May 19, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #6,053 of 6,472
Are there any Jot owners who also own the LCD X, ZMF Auteur and/or 650?

Just picked up the Auteur and was concerned if my Atom was insufficient to power..
I have a Jot and a Sennheiser HD650, why?

The Atom should be able to take the Auteur to SPL 120dB (Atom is close to TI LME49600 reference design? except it uses a cheaper input IC)
Personally for normal listening Bimby to Jot balanced to HD650 I use High gain and volume control at <9 o'clock

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #6,054 of 6,472
Are there any Jot owners who also own the LCD X, ZMF Auteur and/or 650?

Just picked up the Auteur and was concerned if my Atom was insufficient to power..

I have the ALL balanced SMSL SU-8, Jotunheim and HD650 (with Dekoni Hybrid Elite ear pads). Sounds excellent with plenty of detail and good bass. I run the Jot in low gain at 11-12 o'clock.

May 20, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #6,055 of 6,472
I have had my Jot with MB dac for a few days now. I bought off the Bay. So far I really enjoy it. I have an SMSL SU-8 coming to pair it with the Jot and my desktop speaker setup (Infinity P161 + Dayton APA 150). I was looking to get the Jot without a dac but I said what the heck. Glad I did because I can travel with it and move it around the house.

Coming from Xonar STX ii and Fiio e10. I always felt the Xonar was appreciably better vs the e10. When I travel I use the e10 and when I return home to the Xonar I would say "oh yea that's much better." That said the Xonar was always a little muted or muddy to my ears. By comparison the Jot with MB is much cleaner and all the sounds mix together better. I don't feel like I'm giving something up to gain something else. Hope that makes sense. Oh I have HD 6xx and MD-7506 but looking to head a few more.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #6,057 of 6,472
Just upgraded from Magni 3 to the Jot. Even with the SE output this thing sounds amazing. I am waiting for balanced cables to come in for my 1060, 6XX and Argon headphones.

What cables did you end up getting for your 6xx, and if you had to describe the upgrade...how would you? I'm really considering a jotunheim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back