Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Mar 18, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #5,221 of 6,472
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #5,222 of 6,472
can i ask who is the schiit audio contact person here on head fi
I wouldn't say that there is a Schiit "contact person" (such as for business or customer issues) on this forum. The founders of Schiit are Jason Stoddard (@Jason Stoddard) and Mike Moffat (@Baldr), and they post occasionally on Head-Fi. If you need to contact Schiit Audio for some reason, they have recommended using email: info@schiit.com

Mar 20, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #5,225 of 6,472
Joined the drop for the MCTH yesterday but now I want to try out the new Jomby since the dac was seemingly the biggest hinderance for most people. If the black is still available come thursday I'll buy it & compare the two. Won't exactly be apples to apples since one is hybrid & one isn't, but I'll see how they synergize with the cans I have & my potential upgrades (Auteur or Clear for end game).

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #5,226 of 6,472
Got the e-mail about the upgrade to my Jot order. Got the Jomby incoming! Was originally on the fence between the Mimby or waiting for the Bifrost update.....but this is a no brainer. The next Bifrost update will have to be quite compelling to upgrade (USB5 + Balanced?).

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #5,227 of 6,472
Joined the drop for the MCTH yesterday but now I want to try out the new Jomby since the dac was seemingly the biggest hinderance for most people. If the black is still available come thursday I'll buy it & compare the two. Won't exactly be apples to apples since one is hybrid & one isn't, but I'll see how they synergize with the cans I have & my potential upgrades (Auteur or Clear for end game).
I ordered the MCTH yesterday as well but I also have a Jot with built-in DAC and a Mimby. The Mimby is currently feeding our home stereo system since I have the RME ADI-2 DAC arriving tomorrow for my workstation. I didn't think these purchases through all that clearly. I wanted something to replace the Mimby/Jot setup on my desk since I needed the Mimby for the stereo. In the meantime I decided I wanted a tube amp and the MCTH seemed like a great option. Now there's the Lyr 3 and the Multibit DAC module.

Got the e-mail about the upgrade to my Jot order. Got the Jomby incoming! Was originally on the fence between the Mimby or waiting for the Bifrost update.....but this is a no brainer. The next Bifrost update will have to be quite compelling to upgrade (USB5 + Balanced?).
I think the Jot/Mimby is a big win so I suspect you'll be quite pleased.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #5,228 of 6,472
Man, how many -mbys do they need? The fact that they now have a multibit option for the Jot and the new Lyr is now a DAC/amp makes me wonder if Schiit is seeing the light about DAC/amps :) Maybe there will be more to come.

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #5,229 of 6,472
It would have been great if one could exchange the balanced DAC module for the multibit module for a discount from Schiit. I have the Mimby and its so much better in soundstage and imaging than the built in DAC, that I hardly use the latter.

Mar 20, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #5,232 of 6,472
Hi, Thinking of ordering the multibit card , anyone have experience self installing any of the other cards. I have some soldering experience on my phones usb plug breaking and understand the importance of keeping static free area when working with electronics. Just don't want to ship my Jot back and forth from NYC to California. Does it even require lead soldering? Thanks

Mar 20, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #5,233 of 6,472
I installed my own Gen5 USB for Yaggdrasil, piece of cake if you are used to putting computers together or installing PCI/e cards or USB headers on the MB. Yeah, just take care of the static and everything else should be fine.

Mar 20, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #5,234 of 6,472
Hi, Thinking of ordering the multibit card , anyone have experience self installing any of the other cards. I have some soldering experience on my phones usb plug breaking and understand the importance of keeping static free area when working with electronics. Just don't want to ship my Jot back and forth from NYC to California. Does it even require lead soldering? Thanks

Remove the volume knob and the nut and washer behind it. Then remove all the screws in the back. Slide the top cover forward to unlock and you will see where to install the dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back