Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Oct 28, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #2,161 of 6,472
  I know that some folks have very strong feelings about the validity of Z-reviews.  But if nothing else, his videos are great entertainment.  His little quips and one-liners are absolutely hilarious.  Several of his reviews have literally had me laughing out loud (well after the video was over)!

To me, he is one the few legit "not-paid" reviewers. He is not perfect, but at the very least, he's got
some sound demos to back his impressions. Currawong's reviews are also my favorite, since they're "neutral", without any
"fanboyism".

Oct 28, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #2,162 of 6,472
just picked up the jot with dac.
notice the volume position is much higher compared to my other amps.
perhaps the knob is linear throughout the whole range rather than just the first half as it is with my other gear

i dont notice any sound improvements personally but i haven't listened critically.
nothing jumped at me immediately, which to me, means its the same. its doing its job

The moment I read someone said "upfront in your face sound" I looked elsewhere. We all know all resolutions higher up the chain, the more relaxing listening are.

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #2,163 of 6,472
Just loving my new Jot...amazing!

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #2,164 of 6,472
  Just loving my new Jot...amazing!

Kweschun:  When using the Mjolnir 2 in front of your Jot, whereabouts have you set the volume dial on your Mjolnir?  Thanks!

EDIT:  (Or, do you leave your Jot cranked all the way up, and control the volume with the Mjolnir alone?  I suppose this would make more sense, with the Jot being even quieter....)

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #2,166 of 6,472
  Are you running your Yggy into it? They make an amazing pair.

Yes, with a twist, using Mjolnir 2 as a preamp between them. Heavenly!

Oct 28, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #2,167 of 6,472

Kweschun:  When using the Mjolnir 2 in front of your Jot, whereabouts have you set the volume dial on your Mjolnir?  Thanks!

EDIT:  (Or, do you leave your Jot cranked all the way up, and control the volume with the Mjolnir alone?  I suppose this would make more sense, with the Jot being even quieter....)

I can't set the volume to max on the Jot even with both on low gain because it leave the volume on the MJ2 at a very low setting indeed. So, they are both about midrange. 

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #2,171 of 6,472

Those of you that own schiit as amps, do you leave them on 24/7? Any issues related to doing so?

No really issue.
But if DAC connected to working PC,it never goes to idle.
And jotunteim gets really hot.

Not as hot as other Schiit.

FYI--Cavalli recommends that you not leave the Liquid Gold (solid state) on for extended periods when it is not being used (e.g. over the weekend), as it will shorten the life of its parts.

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #2,172 of 6,472

Not as hot as other Schiit.

FYI--Cavalli recommends that you not leave the Liquid Gold (solid state) on for extended periods when it is not being used (e.g. over the weekend), as it will shorten the life of its parts.

What confused me is the heat is really different whether pc connected or not.(muted in windows and left overnight compared with pc shutdown)
But when I asked Schiit about this they said that is power consumption is always the same once Jotunheim powered.

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #2,175 of 6,472
Just got my Mobi:Jot combo.

Is it ok to put the Mobi on top of the JOT??

Any issues with heating the Mobi up from the Jot??

What is the power consumption of both left on 24/7?

More than a 100 watt light bulb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back