Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Aug 31, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #361 of 6,472

Wow.  Only 8 posts in 10 years!   I think that may be a record!

The Jot sure must be special to warrant such a rare post from you!
biggrin.gif

Yes the Jot. sure is! :)

Actually, after my HDD failed I had completely forgotten this screen name, password, AND my password for the registered mail add. and simply gave up on my account long ago. But after all these year, recently I was able to retrieve my password memo for my mail during a move to a different city and presto! My account's back! Was pretty surprised that the account was still alive, too. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #362 of 6,472

Actually, after my HDD failed I had completely forgotten this screen name, password, AND my password for the registered mail add. and simply gave up on my account long ago. But after all these year, recently I was able to retrieve my password memo for my mail during a move to a different city and presto! My account's back! Was pretty surprised that the account was still alive, too. 

That is pretty crazy. I saw you posted back in 2006, then you were gone until now. 10 years. Gosh! Made me kinda yearn for the old days of the mid and late 2000's, but then again, today they are making better gear than ever! Can't wait until my Jotunheim gets here Friday!

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #364 of 6,472
I'm so impressed by the industrial design of the Jot.
I think Jason really knocked it outta the park with his new baby! 
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #366 of 6,472
Originally Posted by comzee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... Right off the bat, from super early impressions, Lehmann BCL ($1250 msrp) is a step above it, amp only.....

I was considering a Jot, but if that is true - no way.

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #367 of 6,472

welcome back.

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #370 of 6,472
Anyone have impressions of the DAC vs a Bifrost 4490? The Jot's is balanced and passively filtered vs unbalanced and op amp for the bifrost, but what difference does that make both from an engineering perspective and a sound quality perspective?

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #371 of 6,472
I own both the Jotunheim and the GOV2+. My Jotunheim is the DAC/Amp version. I am saying that while both being DACAmps, GOV2+ > Jotunheim. GOV2+ would be rated 11/10 while Jotunheim 8/10. Despite being cheaper and smaller, I realized my GOV2+ is too good.

Aug 31, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #374 of 6,472
 Well, it's an 11/10 so we should all sell out DACS and just go buy one right?

Yep. It's apparently 10% better than any dac made, ever. Ever-ever. And that's "better" not in any mundane way that can be "described" in "words", but it's a mysterious, magical "better" that can only be realized on an ethereal plane, far above pathetic and meager 10/10 dacs.

That's one hell of a dac!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back