Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Oct 18, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #4,999 of 6,472
The current Gadget requires a knob...so are you going to drill a hole in your Jot case for the knob?

Wouldn't there be a need for a another LED light used for the adjustment and a second hole to drill as well?

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #5,001 of 6,472
Hey Experts, I need your advice:
I'm 90% on getting the Jot, but do I go internal DAC or stretch my budget into a Modi MB/Jot stack to drive Aeon Flow othos via USB and Tidal HiFi streams?

Depends on what you have now. I was lucky enough to talk to Mike Moffat of Schiit Audio at RMAF just over a week ago.

He recommended that I get the Jot without the DAC since I already had the Modi Multibit/Vali 2 stack.

Very pleased with it so far! Definitely a big step up with the HD650s and far more all-purpose!

Oct 18, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #5,002 of 6,472
Hey Experts, I need your advice:
I'm 90% on getting the Jot, but do I go internal DAC or stretch my budget into a Modi MB/Jot stack to drive Aeon Flow othos via USB and Tidal HiFi streams?

Get the Mimby. First of all, its vastly superior in sound quality to the internal DAC. The internal DAC seems to limit the abilities of Jot, while the Mimby doesn't so much. Secondly, you can expand to other amps in future and still have a solid DAC to connect to. Mimby is a futuristic investment in my opinion. In fact, you can use one Mimby to connect to multiple amps using RCA splitters.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #5,004 of 6,472
Does anyone know if you can use the pre-outs for XLR and RCA can be used at the same time? Will it worsen the quality somehow or even mute one output?

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #5,005 of 6,472
Does anyone know if you can use the pre-outs for XLR and RCA can be used at the same time? Will it worsen the quality somehow or even mute one output?
RCA and XLR pre- outs can be used at the same time as both will play audio since there is no muting function on the jotunheim. Using both will not effect the quality at all so nothing to worry about. I have personally used both without any issues.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #5,006 of 6,472
Wouldn't there be a need for a another LED light used for the adjustment and a second hole to drill as well?
Put some sort of mini knob on the card itself. But if they're doing the installing they can easily add a knob.

If we are seriously discussing a digital pitch offset device, we can use some imagination, yeah?

Oct 24, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #5,008 of 6,472
Hey, has anyone used the Jot as a preamp for a stereo power amp with no volume control on it?

I just wanted to know if I can use the Jot as a volume control on a power amp?

That is not how I use it but, yes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back