Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Jan 6, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #3,316 of 6,473
  Only comment I saw from Jason indicated something that was not a product, coming in 2017. I dont see how withholding a dac purchase makes sense with that comment. 

Something that is not a product?

They're going to be starting a clothing lines?

Making an album?

Staging a Broadway show?

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #3,319 of 6,473
  Only comment I saw from Jason indicated something that was not a product, coming in 2017. I dont see how withholding a dac purchase makes sense with that comment. 

I hope the 2017 "not a product" isn't the long-awaited launch of their audiophile line of perfumes. Despite Jason & Mike's track record of innovation, I just don't think they should go there.

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #3,320 of 6,473

I hope the 2017 "not a product" isn't the long-awaited launch of their audiophile line of perfumes. Despite Jason & Mike's track record of innovation, I just don't think they should go there.

Nobody wants to smell like an audiophile.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #3,321 of 6,473
Audiophile Cologne: "O de Lectron". The acrid smell of melting plastic jacketing over copper /or silver wires.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #3,322 of 6,473
In the EU, Joti's been on backorder for a month and will continue so for a few more weeks, according to the distributor :frowning2:

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #3,324 of 6,473
Jan 6, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3,326 of 6,473
  I am planning to get Jot along with LCD X. Any thoughts? 

I'm planning to get that combo as well. I demoed the X's through a Deckard though, but it sounds amazing!

I may be going for de first version of the X's with a thicker diaphragm. I was told that the Ember II is a great pairing as well.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #3,327 of 6,473

I'm planning to get that combo as well. I demoed the X's through a Deckard though, but it sounds amazing!

I may be going for de first version of the X's with a thicker diaphragm. I was told that the Ember II is a great pairing as well.

Finally something sensible :)
I have demoed the whole LCD line and liked X the best I demoed it with my own amp Canor TP10 and it was great but unfortunately I had to sell my whole equipment. Now I am back again in market. I am interested in Jot because of balanced output. On Monday I have an appointment for the demo of LCD X. Then I will finally decide. Got no idea about sound of Jot though. Online reviews are mixed bag.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #3,328 of 6,473
  Finally something sensible :)
I have demoed the whole LCD line and liked X the best I demoed it with my own amp Canor TP10 and it was great but unfortunately I had to sell my whole equipment. Now I am back again in market. I am interested in Jot because of balanced output. On Monday I have an appointment for the demo of LCD X. Then I will finally decide. Got no idea about sound of Jot though. Online reviews are mixed bag.

I didn't read anything specific about X's with the Jot, but I think it can't be a bad pairing. I was also thinking getting Mimby + Ember II. But Jot has balanced out and preouts, I like its versatility.

However I don't think the X's need the power of the balanced Jot to shine, they are very efficient.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #3,329 of 6,473
  I am planning to get Jot along with LCD X. Any thoughts? 

Haven't tried a Jot yet but did try the whole LCD line, X is okay but not worth the premium over the 2 IMO unless you are using lower powered gear or just don't want to deal with DACs and amps then its a great headphone in that situation.  Like @CarlosUnchained noted I think the Jot is overkill for the X unless you have other less efficient headphones that you will be using with the Jot.

I didn't read anything specific about X's with the Jot, but I think it can't be a bad pairing. I was also thinking getting Mimby + Ember II. But Jot has balanced out and preouts, I like its versatility.

However I don't think the X's need the power of the balanced Jot to shine, they are very efficient.

I have a Bimby and Ember, great combo

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #3,330 of 6,473

Balanced out is the only thing that got in interested in Jot. I have LG V10 for the moment. I have to read about Ember ii as I never heard about it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back