Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Dec 8, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #2,566 of 2,957
Okay.

Just got Jot 2 today.

Paired with Yggy OG and DCA stealth, it’s a solid Meh. Bright, dull bass, smeared details. I’m using Aufioquest Mackenzie balanced cables. High gain mode.

I’m not a big break in believer, but hoping that’s what it needs.

Dec 8, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #2,567 of 2,957
Okay.

Just got Jot 2 today.

Paired with Yggy OG and DCA stealth, it’s a solid Meh. Bright, dull bass, smeared details. I’m using Aufioquest Mackenzie balanced cables. High gain mode.

Had the same reaction. It improved dramatically after a short 24 hours. YMMV of course. Good luck. Return is always an option.

Leo

Dec 8, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #2,568 of 2,957
Had the same reaction. It improved dramatically after a short 24 hours. YMMV of course. Good luck. Return is always an option.

Leo
Thanks for that.

I’m not giving up yet. :)

Dec 8, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #2,569 of 2,957
Okay.

Just got Jot 2 today.

There is a break in and it is longer than 24 hours, at least for me. Also works best when warmed up. I leave mine on 24/7 and turn volume all the way down when not listening.

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #2,570 of 2,957
There is a break in and it is longer than 24 hours, at least for me. Also works best when warmed up. I leave mine on 24/7 and turn volume all the way down when not listening.
150-200 hours for me. And keep it on

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #2,571 of 2,957
Same here, Jot2 needs some burn in time. I can't remember how long it took mine to settle in. Probably about 100 hours or so.

Dec 9, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #2,572 of 2,957
Okay.

Just got Jot 2 today.

I bought my Jot2 used and its far from the sound you described above. I agree give it some break in time….

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #2,573 of 2,957
I bought my Jot2 used and its far from the sound you described above. I agree give it some break in time….
Agreed, sounds nothing like what Daniel Johnston is experiencing.

Dec 9, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #2,574 of 2,957
I had terrible RF interference and sound issues when I first got mine. I left it running for 48 hours with some old headphone attached playing radio and after that things were clear with no interference and very quiet background. I’ve never experienced the need for burn in, but this definitely helped.

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #2,575 of 2,957
Alright. After running it in overnight, all is good. I think the high gain in addition to not being "burned in" caused the disappointment.

It's now reflecting the Yggy as opposed to imposing its own "coloration". That's what I was looking for in the first place. I don't wan't always fire up the Folkvangr when I'm in my office.

Thanks all for the reassurance.

Dec 9, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #2,576 of 2,957
Alright. After running it in overnight, all is good. I think the high gain in addition to not being "burned in" caused the disappointment.

It's now reflecting the Yggy as opposed to imposing its own "coloration". That's what I was looking for in the first place. I don't wan't always fire up the Folkvangr when I'm in my office.

Thanks all for the reassurance.
Glad it worked out for you! It's a nice amp. I find it sounds best 30 or 40 minutes after turning it on.

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #2,577 of 2,957
Glad it worked out for you! It's a nice amp. I find it sounds best 30 or 40 minutes after turning it on.
I turn mine on when making coffee in the morning and by the time I start work it’s warmed up nicely.

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #2,578 of 2,957
I'm thinking about downgrading from the Soloist to the Jot. I originally compared the 2 before purchasing the Soloist, but now not sure it's worth it for the price. Any opinions are really welcome.

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #2,579 of 2,957
I'm thinking about downgrading from the Soloist to the Jot. I originally compared the 2 before purchasing the Soloist, but now not sure it's worth it for the price. Any opinions are really welcome.
What’s wrong with the Soloist?

I have been listening to music with my Jotunheim 2 for just over a year now and I love it. Great sound with my Sennheiser HD 650s, no buyers remorse, no desire to go seeking anything fancier, happy with the purchase. I shopped for a year before I purchased it, so it was a researched and considered choice. I turn it on before I start listening and turn it off when done, I don’t notice any huge differences when it’s warmed up. It draws a lot of current compared to a class D amp, so I don’t leave it on all of the time, as I prefer to keep my electricity consumption low. I would venture to say it certainly is the among the best if not the best headphone amplifier under 1,000. USD.

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #2,580 of 2,957
The soloist is great, but I'm wondering if I should have saved and got the Jot. I definitely am downgrading from the SMSL SU-10 to the modius.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back