Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #1,606 of 2,952
Well my new Jotunheim 2 finally showed up at 730 tonight. I do not like Fed Ex . I prefer UPS they are much more reliable on their deliveries. But this is a headphone thread so my initial impression was the Jotunheim 2 is pretty solidly constructed. Surprisingly hefty for a small unit. I initially hooked it up to my Elac Navis active speakers on my desk top balanced but I could not get any output into my Elac actives. I knew they worked single ended with my previous dac pre the project s2. So I hooked them up single ended and they are working singled ended ok. I have not used the elacs balanced before so at this point is it the Elacs or is it the Jotunheim 2 ? I have to run it in before I can get any real idea of its performance. Initially it seems to be much better as a preamp than the projects chip op amp preamp section.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #1,607 of 2,952
Well my new Jotunheim 2 finally showed up at 730 tonight. I do not like Fed Ex . I prefer UPS they are much more reliable on their deliveries. But this is a headphone thread so my initial impression was the Jotunheim 2 is pretty solidly constructed. Surprisingly hefty for a small unit. I initially hooked it up to my Elac Navis active speakers on my desk top balanced but I could not get any output into my Elac actives. I knew they worked single ended with my previous dac pre the project s2. So I hooked them up single ended and they are working singled ended ok. I have not used the elacs balanced before so at this point is it the Elacs or is it the Jotunheim 2 ? I have to run it in before I can get any real idea of its performance. Initially it seems to be much better as a preamp than the projects chip op amp preamp section.
Jot 2 has front panel switch that mutes the preamp outs (both SE RCA and XLR). also, do the Elac actives have an input selector switch to choose between RCA, XLR, etc...?

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #1,608 of 2,952
Do you think your delivery address may have something to do with the delay (assuming Iran is actually your location)?

Frankly, I'm surprised Schiit ships to Iran.
Actually Delivery address is my friends address in UAE. He will get it and hand it over to me. I have bought from schiit before several time to exact same address. Iran is banned from every where. Of course schiit wont ship to iran.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #1,609 of 2,952
Jot 2 has front panel switch that mutes the preamp outs (both SE RCA and XLR). also, do the Elac actives have an input selector switch to choose between RCA, XLR, etc...?
Thank you for the suggestion. I looked at the elac website and saw that there was a picture of the back control panel on the elac navis and there is a 3 position source switch on the panel. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it tomorrow . I did see a suggestion to use the balanced inputs because they are apparently quieter .

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #1,610 of 2,952
Jul 5, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #1,611 of 2,952
Jul 5, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #1,612 of 2,952
Are the feet screwed in or are they glued on?
I was able to get them out using an eyeglass screwdriver as suggested by another user. They aren't screwed in or glued on - it's more of a mushroom shape and kind of plugs in if that makes sense. I just didn't see any details about it published or posted and didn't want to accidentally cause damage.

Attachments

• IMG_4828.JPG
    IMG_4828.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 0
Jul 12, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #1,620 of 2,952
Well I have been using the Jotunheim 2 for a couple of weeks now. The schiit seems to be fleshing in nicely. I hooked up my new silnote morpheus ref II xlr cables to my elac navis active speakers on my desk top. I have to give them some time to flesh in as well . I shall see.
Nice, did you get the Morpheus Reference II Series II or the Morpheus Reference Series II? I was thinking about buying a pair too. Let me know which one you got and how they perform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back