Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jun 30, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #1,591 of 2,952
I have the conductor 3 reference single ended unit and the headphone amp section is no slouch I have the original burson ha 160 amp only unit and after the busron conductor 3 reference broke in I noticed that there was a bit of brightness in the presentation. So I reconfigured the conductor 3 ref as a dac only and fed it into my older burson HA-160 and I actually preferred the ha 160s sound to the conductor 3 refs headphone amplifier section. It just sounded more analog like. The conductor ref 3 does a fine job repurposed as a dac only. The burson ha-160 has plenty of power it drives my older audeze lcd 3s with no problem. and it drives the akg 701s very nicely which I have found to be pretty demanding of the headphone amp driving them. The 701s can sound pretty analytic with a lot of headphone amps.
I think I know what you mean. There's tonality; and there's technicality. HA-160 isn't a technical amp. If you like its tonality, then you should try Jot 2.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #1,592 of 2,952
I think I know what you mean. There's tonality; and there's technicality. HA-160 isn't a technical amp. If you like its tonality, then you should try Jot 2.
Funny you brought that up. I ordered a Jot 2 and it is being delivered tomorrow. I bought it for my desk top set up to use with my elac navis speakers. I had a project desk top dac pre headphone amp but since I got my navis speakers I felt that the chip op amp based preamp was limiting the potential of my elac navis active speakers. I will be using the Jot 2 balanced XLR outputs to feed to my Elac Navis active speakers . I opted for the multibit dac provision. I will have to see how it performs. I may land up using the project unit as a dac feeding the line input if the schiit multibit dac does not measure up . Time will tell . The project uses a version of the sabre dac 9038 chip .
I have a space problem so the dac/pre has to be rather compact to fit it on my desk top. Which limits my options. Of course price is a limiting factor.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #1,593 of 2,952
Funny you brought that up. I ordered a Jot 2 and it is being delivered tomorrow. I bought it for my desk top set up to use with my elac navis speakers. I had a project desk top dac pre headphone amp but since I got my navis speakers I felt that the chip op amp based preamp was limiting the potential of my elac navis active speakers. I will be using the Jot 2 balanced XLR outputs to feed to my Elac Navis active speakers . I opted for the multibit dac provision. I will have to see how it performs. I may land up using the project unit as a dac feeding the line input if the schiit multibit dac does not measure up . Time will tell . The project uses a version of the sabre dac 9038 chip .
I have a space problem so the dac/pre has to be rather compact to fit it on my desk top. Which limits my options. Of course price is a limiting factor.
The Jot 2 is quite dependant on source.

Good luck.

Jul 1, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #1,594 of 2,952
hope you will enjoy your JOT2. if you don't mind can I ask when you ordered yours? I've been waiting since Mid FEB and still nothing. hopefully they starting to ship Jot2s. thanks in advance

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #1,595 of 2,952
hope you will enjoy your JOT2. if you don't mind can I ask when you ordered yours? I've been waiting since Mid FEB and still nothing. hopefully they starting to ship Jot2s. thanks in advance
Hate to tell you this but I just ordered mine with the multibit module a couple of weeks ago. I shall see but I got a notice form fed ex that they were delivering a package on 07/01. When I ordered the jot 2 the projected delivery was 12 to 16 weeks? Go figure ? Your delivery delay could have been a case of delay due to the covad-19 outbreak.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #1,597 of 2,952
Hate to tell you this but I just ordered mine with the multibit module a couple of weeks ago. I shall see but I got a notice form fed ex that they were delivering a package on 07/01. When I ordered the jot 2 the projected delivery was 12 to 16 weeks? Go figure ?
Thank you very much. It has been frustrating waiting like 5 months? I’m starting to get the impression that I’m not gonna get mine till like end of 2021? I even purchased XLR cables for my Cans and they are eating dust. BTW I hope you good times with your JOT2.

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #1,598 of 2,952
Thank you very much. It has been frustrating waiting like 5 months? I’m starting to get the impression that I’m not gonna get mine till like end of 2021? I even purchased XLR cables for my Cans and they are eating dust. BTW I hope you good times with your JOT2.
Thanks . Why don t you call schiit customer service and inquire about the delay and question them why it is taking so long.

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #1,599 of 2,952
Thanks . Why don t you call schiit customer service and inquire about the delay and question them why it is taking so long.
Oh I have inquired them so many times. Every time they tell me exact same thing. “We are sorry for the delay but there is part supplying delay”. Really feel They kinda ignore me. Anyway, thank you for your help and advice.

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #1,600 of 2,952
Likewise, still waiting on a Jot2 that I ordered back in mid-March when the Schiit website still said "In-stock. Ships in 7-10 days". I too have contacted them several times and received the same reply as you. Will definitely be pissed if guys are getting units that were only ordered a couple of weeks ago. I can already feel my blood pressure rising, lol...

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #1,601 of 2,952
Likewise, still waiting on a Jot2 that I ordered back in mid-March when the Schiit website still said "In-stock. Ships in 7-10 days". I too have contacted them several times and received the same reply as you. Will definitely be pissed if guys are getting units that were only ordered a couple of weeks ago. I can already feel my blood pressure rising, lol...
I mean It’s not fair. We’ve been waiting a long time just because we thought there was not any Jot2 in stock to get it shipped. But now knowing that some people that have ordered their JOT2 way later than us and their orders have been already shipped… Dont get me wrong I’m happy guys getting their Jot2s as fast as possible, but still it is really unfair.

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #1,602 of 2,952
When asked directly, can Schiit customer service confirm some units are shipping within days/weeks while other customers continue to wait? Can they explain why?

These amps come in different configurations with different components that are (likely) differently delayed.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #1,603 of 2,952

I mean It’s not fair. We’ve been waiting a long time just because we thought there was not any Jot2 in stock to get it shipped. But now knowing that some people that have ordered their JOT2 way later than us and their orders have been already shipped… Dont get me wrong I’m happy guys getting their Jot2s as fast as possible, but still it is really unfair.
Do you think your delivery address may have something to do with the delay (assuming Iran is actually your location)?

Frankly, I'm surprised Schiit ships to Iran.

Jul 1, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #1,605 of 2,952
Do you think your delivery address may have something to do with the delay (assuming Iran is actually your location)?

Frankly, I'm surprised Schiit ships to Iran.
Given the sensitive nature of the relations between the US and Iran (on nuclear weapons and other issues), I would doubt that shipments of electronic equipment by US firms to Iran would even be permitted (by the Department of Defense).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back