Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #691 of 2,954
He always talks good about everything he reviews... Everything's great in rainbowland!
Steve has addressed this. He has been reviewing products for decades. He tries to only review products he likes/loves. Doesn't have time to waste on inferior products. Does he like everything? Far from it. Not even close. Are most his reviews positives? Yes. Now you know why.

Feb 3, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #692 of 2,954
And let's not talk about going swimming, specially now with the temperatures. I might wait to july though, with the warm weather I can go swimming to USA and back. It costs nothing. problem is the return, not to get it wet in the way back swimming the Atlactic ocean...
If you serious (not sure :) . You can go to their store just North of the San Fernando Valley, buy it, test it all day if you like, and head back to LAX (about 60 miles to the airport). Good luck

Feb 3, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #693 of 2,954
100% sirious bro, swimming the atlantic, then crossing the states route 66 like forrest gun, only with a pair of Nike California. What do you say?

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #694 of 2,954
NIke Cortez, my bad.

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #695 of 2,954
I have received the Jotunheim 2 yesterday, so it's probably too early to comments on the sound, but I can say that I'm impressed by what I hear so far with the Verite Closed and the Aeolus.

uc

I'd love to hear more about your take on the VC with the Jot2. Still contemplating whether to get the FluxFA-12 or this ...

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #696 of 2,954
Flux very tempting devices, but they take more space, and no pre amp for XLR out. Which makes me wonder if anyone has used this new Jot 2 as speaker volume control and can comment about the usable part of the knob, if it works good or not in terms of volume, etc...

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #697 of 2,954
100% sirious bro, swimming the atlantic, then crossing the states route 66 like forrest gun, only with a pair of Nike California. What do you say?
I'll meet at the Surgaree in Newhall Cali, we'll buy our Schiit together buddy!

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #699 of 2,954
Any thoughts on the Jotunheim 2 and Modius (bifrost out of my price range for now, but maybe in the future) combination? I listen to a HD 600 and looking to get an Auteur or Aeolus in the near future. I love my HD 600 out of my Asgard 3, but want to go full balanced setup due to some grounding isues.
This is my combination, except with a 6XX instead. Love it ofc. Doubt you'll think otherwise.

Still waiting on balanced cables for the 6XX.

20210202_003654.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #700 of 2,954
Nice, the Jot puts out so much power through balanced that those 6XX should scale pretty darn well. Please report back!

I'm just a bit worried that the Modius AK DAC paired with the Jot might give a bit too much sparkle in the highs in my HD600. I guess there's only one way to tell and switching to a 6XX, if so, isn't too expensive.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #701 of 2,954
Any thoughts on the Jotunheim 2 and Modius (bifrost out of my price range for now, but maybe in the future) combination? I listen to a HD 600 and looking to get an Auteur or Aeolus in the near future. I love my HD 600 out of my Asgard 3, but want to go full balanced setup due to some grounding isues.

there are some AC power line ground loop isolators like EBTech that might help

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #703 of 2,954
Im seeing people say the Single End performance is sub-par for the Jot 2, anyone seem to agree?

Sub par is somewhat of an overstatement IMO. SE performance is quite good actually. It's just that the BAL output is a good step up the ladder. If you want to get the best performance from this amp, you'll want to get balanced cables for your headphones. That's my take anyway.

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #704 of 2,954
Sub par is somewhat of an overstatement IMO. SE performance is quite good actually. It's just that the BAL output is a good step up the ladder. If you want to get the best performance from this amp, you'll want to get balanced cables for your headphones. That's my take anyway.
if you have any experience with A90, how is the SE performance compared to jot2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back