Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 23, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #152,776 of 155,114
F(ixed) T(his) F(or) Y(ou) :wink:

May 23, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #152,778 of 155,114
lol you will love it and for the price that GE tube is amazing!!! I am listening to one as we speak.😃

I am just back from letting three renters sample some high end bourbons and naturally I had to partake as well. No power tools for me for a couple hours. The ladies seemed to appreciate EH Taylor the most but I probably influenced them.😁

I also had a city inspector there whom I may have invited to join in. The list of repairs I need to make is much smaller than past years. 🙄
Anyone not appreciating EH Taylor is a cretin… jes sayin’

May 23, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #152,779 of 155,114
Agreed. There's not a finer bourbon with Coke over ice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Me makes a mad dash for the door!)

May 23, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #152,780 of 155,114
So all this Vali 3 “tube talk” has me wondering…

My Kara (via pre-out, or via it’s separate headphone jack) is driving my Koss ESP950 energizer just fine… but…

Would Vali work as well? I figure I could take one of the SE Pre-outs from Kara into it and play the “balance” the two volume pots for best sound game… (instead of having to switch cabling to go back and forth system-wise as I’d want the option of all my inputs to go to it if I do it).

Anyone doing this?

May 23, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #152,781 of 155,114
May 23, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #152,783 of 155,114
@Paladin79
Package arrived!
Listening to the 12AU7 Bugle Boy!
Comments to follow.

I sent u a return package.

Alex
:>)
Oh great I have left over tile from the bathroom job heading my way lol. JK :beerchug:

May 23, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #152,785 of 155,114
New acoustic music to enjoy on the long weekend ahead --

T Bone Burnett's new solo album "The Other Side" has been getting raves from listeners. Analog Planet's review praised the natural quality of the recording of the acoustic instruments: "It's all about texture and subtlety." "How audibly noticeable the stereo soundstage appears." And "the music is simple and beautiful."
T Bone Burnett was the producer/creator of "that sound" on "Raising Sand" by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, and this album has "that sound." The instrumentalists are excellent studio musicians, along with guest vocalist Rosanne Cash and harmony vocals by Lucius and Weyes Blood.
(Reviews state that it is available on Qobuz and Tidal.)

May 23, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #152,786 of 155,114
Dang Tom your a good guesser !!
But its just some used cardboard...
LOL!

:>)
Yeah but I know a guy who will pay me top dollar for that. :ksc75smile:
Hopefully you like the tube, I thought it sounded pretty good but what do I know? The second tube is probably not that great but I wanted to make up for a tube that got broken that I wanted to send.

May 23, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #152,787 of 155,114
New acoustic music to enjoy on the long weekend ahead --

T Bone Burnett's new solo album "The Other Side" has been getting raves from listeners. Analog Planet's review praised the natural quality of the recording of the acoustic instruments: "It's all about texture and subtlety." "How audibly noticeable the stereo soundstage appears." And "the music is simple and beautiful."
T Bone Burnett was the producer/creator of "that sound" on "Raising Sand" by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, and this album has "that sound." The instrumentalists are excellent studio musicians, along with guest vocalist Rosanne Cash and harmony vocals by Lucius and Weyes Blood.
(Reviews state that it is available on Qobuz and Tidal.)
I just heard part of that and enjoyed it as well. I will give it a serious listen soon.:ksc75smile:

May 23, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #152,788 of 155,114
Nerd herd question: what plate voltages do the following products use?
Vali 2. With a stock tube.
Valhalla 2. I expect 2 different voltages.
Lyr 3. Again, with a stock tube.
:)No, I'm not about to screwdriver my kit. I'm just educating myself. Thank you in advance, eh.

May 23, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #152,789 of 155,114
So all this Vali 3 “tube talk” has me wondering…

My Kara (via pre-out, or via it’s separate headphone jack) is driving my Koss ESP950 energizer just fine… but…

Would Vali work as well? I figure I could take one of the SE Pre-outs from Kara into it and play the “balance” the two volume pots for best sound game… (instead of having to switch cabling to go back and forth system-wise as I’d want the option of all my inputs to go to it if I do it).

Anyone doing this?
You should do this! Turn the Vali’s volume pot all the way up to get it out of the signal path. Kara’s volume control is superior.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #152,790 of 155,114
Ugh, I finally caved. Vali 3 in black and a GE 5670 5-STAR 3 Mica Black Plate are ordered.I blame you lot, FOMO was strong.
No FOMO, you did the right thing. I'm running a WE396A in it and I'm in love. The GE 5 Star is my second favorite tube in it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back