Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 15, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #148,052 of 150,898
Darn, just bought a new Samsung refrigerator and stove last year...great so far
Samsung are fine. Things can go weird no matter the brand and I did replace the ice maker on our Samsung and then later on our daughter's. We recently had a weird noise coming from the frig so I decided to get new applicances after about 15 or so years since last doing so. LG Studio. I fell in like (I NEVER "love" any thing inanimate!) with the refrigerator primarily due to the two ice makers (YES!) and the clear right-side door that lights up when tapped twice. I put beverages in there as does the rest of my family.

So far so good and I would have gone for Samsung again but the lure of twin ice makers was too much for this ORTling to resist! ICED TEA!!!! Gallons of it! Oh Frabjous Day, indeed!

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #148,054 of 150,898
I just did the main door gasket on my daughter's upright washing machine. Fun. The replacement gasket was the wrong one and so we decided to have the original professionally (vs if I were to do it, "brofessionally") cleaned and it looked new! I put it back on and everything back together. It took me several hours to do so instead of the 30 minutes claimed by others. I am not even a third the toad I was now. Dammit!

I often ask young folk how the hell they manage to live as such physical weaklings! I have no idea. The washer was a Samsung and other than a filthy gasket it has been fine for several years now.

Unlike me. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #148,055 of 150,898
... I am not even a third the toad I was now. Dammit!
I often ask young folk how the hell they manage to live as such physical weaklings! I have no idea. The washer was a Samsung and other than a filthy gasket it has been fine for several years now.
Unlike me. :beerchug:

IMG_7829.jpeg
is greater than
IMG_7830.jpeg
, a whole
IMG_7829.jpeg
is greater than
IMG_7831.jpeg
!! 🤣

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #148,056 of 150,898
So much for keeping it stress-free...

A quick set of questions for you Appleonians...

So, I found some music that I wanted to purchase available on Apple Music. Giddy as a schoolboy, I executed the purchase of my sought-after tunes. I Googled ad nauseum and it seems there's no way to BUY/OWN music via Apple Music (which does playback lossless) and I had to use iTunes to execute the purchase. The issue is the download seems to only be available in AAC (lossy) and not ALAC (lossless). It seems that while one can 'download' ALAC versions of music via Apple Music (for local storage and playback), from what I've read it has DRM and can only playback via Apple Music's player/streaming app. So my question(s) is/are:

1. Can one purchase and download lossless ALAC files form Apple's Music Store for playback via Roon?

-- or --

2. Are Apple music purchases only AAC with Apple say FU if you want lossless?

3. Is there something I'm failing to do to secure my purchase in ALAC format?

The music I purchased is not available on Qobuz, so I cannot buy it there. I've only found it on Amazon Music (no purchase and download option) and Tidal (again, no purchase and download option).

The CDs are no longer being mfg'ed and the used market prices for them is INSANE.

Any help would be appreciated.
Audfree.com

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #148,057 of 150,898
Oh, no problem. Very helpful.

Can you recommend an online source I could start down the rabbit hole of if I were to undertake a refurb on this? I'm on a fixed income but I've been so bored lately I've started polishing all my shoes and boots. (So far no luck putting a spit shine on an old pair of Blundstones lol.) Anyway, I've still got a couple buckets of elbow grease left for low-cost projects though...
First thing is to down load the service manual for your 1019.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #148,059 of 150,898
Joni Mitchell -- Blue

:beerchug:
JC
Joni wrote "Blue".

I have to take Stevie Nicks off the list, though. I had always thought Lindsey Buckingham had co-writted "Landslide" but it was all Nicks. So that leaves Julie London. I've always thought Julie was the inspiration for Arthur Hamilton, who had dated her in high school and took her to their prom, to write the song. I could be wrong, but I like to think that's how it came about. Singing it was perhaps Julie's best recorded performance ever.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #148,060 of 150,898
If this is sincere then I may just need to see what’s going on with the Vali 3!! How hot does it get? I’ve never owned tubes, but are we talking Asgard 3 level of warmth or is tube heat a different animal?

*I think when people say Asgard 3 runs hot that they are exaggerating mine runs a little warm after an hour or two but it’s not like hand on the stove or anything
The tubes themselves run hot -- don't sit on one centering it with your nether orifice (take my word) -- but the box won't substitute for a wood stove the way an Asgard can.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #148,062 of 150,898
So much for keeping it stress-free...

A quick set of questions for you Appleonians...

So, I found some music that I wanted to purchase available on Apple Music. Giddy as a schoolboy, I executed the purchase of my sought-after tunes. I Googled ad nauseum and it seems there's no way to BUY/OWN music via Apple Music (which does playback lossless) and I had to use iTunes to execute the purchase. The issue is the download seems to only be available in AAC (lossy) and not ALAC (lossless). It seems that while one can 'download' ALAC versions of music via Apple Music (for local storage and playback), from what I've read it has DRM and can only playback via Apple Music's player/streaming app. So my question(s) is/are:

1. Can one purchase and download lossless ALAC files form Apple's Music Store for playback via Roon?

-- or --

2. Are Apple music purchases only AAC with Apple say FU if you want lossless?

3. Is there something I'm failing to do to secure my purchase in ALAC format?

The music I purchased is not available on Qobuz, so I cannot buy it there. I've only found it on Amazon Music (no purchase and download option) and Tidal (again, no purchase and download option).

The CDs are no longer being mfg'ed and the used market prices for them is INSANE.

Any help would be appreciated.

2) Purchases will be lossy. Thx Apple. I'm unaware of being able to buy ALAC from Apple directly. Same with Amazon. They are happy to sell you MP3 version.

That's been #2 gripe behind the app not streaming CD lossless over Airplay 2. Oh, and having to buy their VR device to use the lossless codec in the Airpod Pro 2. 🤦‍♂️

/rant over

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #148,064 of 150,898
Audfree.com

So this will strip the DRM from the Apple Music file. I did something back in the day to use my purchased AAC files on non iPods.

Other than being of dubious legality, aren't any offline files locally on the app encrypted?

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #148,065 of 150,898
If this is sincere then I may just need to see what’s going on with the Vali 3!! How hot does it get? I’ve never owned tubes, but are we talking Asgard 3 level of warmth or is tube heat a different animal?
IMG_7833.jpeg
When Vali 3 is on additional feet, the amp body is only moderately warm even after a couple of hours of use. An interesting item: if Vali 3 is on with no music playing, the amp body warms a bit; with music playing, the amp body cools down a bit. Never is the amp body hot. The tube? Well ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back