Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 1, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #146,222 of 152,713
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:19 AM Post #146,223 of 152,713
An interesting rumour was made known to me today that Schiit is planning a new product. Basically an active subwoofer in balanced configuration utilising two bass drivers in push-pull and driven independently by each half of the balanced circuit. It’s working product-name is Fenrir.

The enclosure be built from an innovative material made with triple-layered wood-pulp, from recycled inner toilet roll tubes.

Release date is expected to be exactly 12 months from now, and will become the first product to be unaffected by Jason’s Law.

Andrew

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #146,224 of 152,713
An interesting rumour was made known to me today that Schiit is planning a new product. Basically an active subwoofer in balanced configuration utilising two bass drivers in push-pull and driven independently by each half of the balanced circuit. It’s working product-name is Fenrir.

The enclosure be built from an innovative material made with triple-layered wood-pulp, from recycled inner toilet roll tubes.

Release date is expected to be exactly 12 months from now, and will become the first product to be unaffected by Jason’s Law.

Andrew
The inner toilet roll tubes will the brown variant all.

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #146,227 of 152,713
After reading thru most of the posts about the yeas and nays and ins and outs of streaming, I've come to the conclusion that streaming just isn't for me.

Long live physical media!

It's also the reason I sprung for an Urd and not a streamer.

Thank me very much.

Even if Schiit made a streamer? :ksc75smile:

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #146,228 of 152,713
After reading thru most of the posts about the yeas and nays and ins and outs of streaming, I've come to the conclusion that streaming just isn't for me.

Thank me very much.
Huzzah and thank you indeed, brother!!:beerchug:

Fear not! I shall take up the slack as I primarily listen to records and my 3 decidedly non-frAudiophilian musical services. Pandora, SiriusXM and Amazon Music. I have a family plan on all 3 of them. They all sound the same to me, i.e., like music. Anything new I usually get via the wonderful folks here and anything gnu I tend to ignore. I only have around 700 or so CDs and they are currently in two Sony CD Mega Changers and to listen I turn them on and hit Random Play.

I loathe the thought of ever becoming a Roonatic and think, not feeeeeel that it is useless to a cultural Philistine such as myself. I do not listen much to terrestrial radio and if I do it is over the inter webs so that the signal is strong and steady. I go to my favorite Stereo Shoppe and buy used records because I find comfort in doing so, enjoy the repartee with the lads at the store and drool like a rabid pooch over the equipment on display both new and used. I have SiriusXM in my Mustang, my Ram EmoDiesel truck and hopefully one day on a Harley-Davidson Tri Glide motor trike. I can no longer safely ride my motorcycle so I am trying to save up for a new to me trike. Yup. I am handicapable but there are folks far worse off than I.

I’ve seen ‘em and they are my heroes and moral inspiration whenever I am in Physical Therapy. I recently bought roughly $5,000 worth of Denon’s HEOS/Home series of speakers. Some for me and some for my family and some for friends including ones I just happen to meet and make in the real world. I also set them up. I used to do smallish Home Theatre installs for friends and family but can no longer do so due to that the handicapable thing. This home audio thing is a hobby for me. It used to be a passion of sorts until I realized that I should save my passion for those who have never known the joy that is home audio and when possible, help them out. I regularly loan out either a Grace Digital Internet Radio or one of my Denon Home 150 speakers to the aforementioned friends both old and new. I have a Pandora account that I use to introduce them to steaming music.

I call it “steaming” because few things seem to get us all hot under the color as does this method of enjoying music. I do not hear “bits” nor do I hear sampling rates. I am not a DAC. I hear my life’s soundtrack. A new friend will be getting a Denon Home 150 sometime this coming week end. She has Pandora but I am looking for an internet available music station that plays Italian music. That is what she said she would very much enjoy hearing so if any of you gentlemen know of some good Italian music stations would you please PM with the name and URL? I will be going to her home and meeting her one of her sons there. She is in her 70s and I specifically asked for her son to be there when I come over. That way he can familiarize himself with the easy to setup and use Home 150 and if she needs help later on, he will be there for her.

Dammit! Look at me ramble because I cannot stay asleep!

I am thinking of including the new Vali 3 as something for the people I choose to help out to introduce them to quality headphone listening! It is “(My Fair Lady” ALERT!) loverly enough to entice them visually and doubtless will enhance the headphone experience for them too. And if they like it? I will get them one. I cannot do this as much as I would like but that is reality. Paladin has been my inspiration for this and to him I say thank you. The man is generous with his time, his skill, his love of music and his obvious love of his fellow (hu))man. In his own way, Pietro is also an inspiration to me as he is very generous to a great any people with his time and skill. A good man, indeed.

But that is true (“It’ TWUE! It’s TWUE!) of all of you here, from Jason to Jude Mansilla (whom I have had the pleasure of meeting in the real world) to Tylll Hertsens and all of you! It is gonna be another long night so I just wanted to say, “Thanks!”. Headphones were created to isolate us from the world around us so we could listen to music without disturbing others. Odd that isolation is missing from this thread about headphones, DACs, Amps, Kittehs, Pooches, Cool Cars, Cardboard, Adult Beverages and so much more thanks to all of you.

Say g’nite ORT. G’nite!

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #146,229 of 152,713
Pulled the trigger on a CD version of this.
Laughed when I saw:

My vinyl copy arrives tomorrow. Hopefully my TT is solid enough and the stylus won't jump.

Apr 1, 2024 at 5:50 AM Post #146,230 of 152,713

Fear not! I shall take up the slack as I primarily listen to records and my 3 decidedly non-frAudiophilian musical services. Pandora, SiriusXM and Amazon Music. I have a family plan on all 3 of them. They all sound the same to me, i.e., like music. Anything new I usually get via the wonderful folks here and anything gnu I tend to ignore. I only have around 700 or so CDs and they are currently in two Sony CD Mega Changers and to listen I turn them on and hit Random Play.

I loathe the thought of ever becoming a Roonatic and think, not feeeeeel that it is useless to a cultural Philistine such as myself. I do not listen much to terrestrial radio and if I do it is over the inter webs so that the signal is strong and steady. I go to my favorite Stereo Shoppe and buy used records because I find comfort in doing so, enjoy the repartee with the lads at the store and drool like a rabid pooch over the equipment on display both new and used. I have SiriusXM in my Mustang, my Ram EmoDiesel truck and hopefully one day on a Harley-Davidson Tri Glide motor trike. I can no longer safely ride my motorcycle so I am trying to save up for a new to me trike. Yup. I am handicapable but there are folks far worse off than I.

I’ve seen ‘em and they are my heroes and moral inspiration whenever I am in Physical Therapy. I recently bought roughly $5,000 worth of Denon’s HEOS/Home series of speakers. Some for me and some for my family and some for friends including ones I just happen to meet and make in the real world. I also set them up. I used to do smallish Home Theatre installs for friends and family but can no longer do so due to that the handicapable thing. This home audio thing is a hobby for me. It used to be a passion of sorts until I realized that I should save my passion for those who have never known the joy that is home audio and when possible, help them out. I regularly loan out either a Grace Digital Internet Radio or one of my Denon Home 150 speakers to the aforementioned friends both old and new. I have a Pandora account that I use to introduce them to steaming music.

I call it “steaming” because few things seem to get us all hot under the color as does this method of enjoying music. I do not hear “bits” nor do I hear sampling rates. I am not a DAC. I hear my life’s soundtrack. A new friend will be getting a Denon Home 150 sometime this coming week end. She has Pandora but I am looking for an internet available music station that plays Italian music. That is what she said she would very much enjoy hearing so if any of you gentlemen know of some good Italian music stations would you please PM with the name and URL? I will be going to her home and meeting her one of her sons there. She is in her 70s and I specifically asked for her son to be there when I come over. That way he can familiarize himself with the easy to setup and use Home 150 and if she needs help later on, he will be there for her.

I am thinking of including the new Vali 3 as something for the people I choose to help out to introduce them to quality headphone listening! It is “(My Fair Lady” ALERT!) loverly enough to entice them visually and doubtless will enhance the headphone experience for them too. And if they like it? I will get them one. I cannot do this as much as I would like but that is reality. Paladin has been my inspiration for this and to him I say thank you. The man is generous with his time, his skill, his love of music and his obvious love of his fellow (hu))man. In his own way, Pietro is also an inspiration to me as he is very generous to a great any people with his time and skill. A good man, indeed.

But that is true (“It’ TWUE! It’s TWUE!) of all of you here, from Jason to Jude Mansilla (whom I have had the pleasure of meeting in the real world) to Tylll Hertsens and all of you! It is gonna be another long night so I just wanted to say, “Thanks!”. Headphones were created to isolate us from the world around us so we could listen to music without disturbing others. Odd that isolation is missing from this thread about headphones, DACs, Amps, Kittehs, Pooches, Cool Cars, Cardboard, Adult Beverages and so much more thanks to all of you.

Say g’nite ORT. G’nite!

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #146,231 of 152,713

Andrew
And, most importantly, it will also have the power switch on front!

Waits a minute, what’s Todays date again? :ksc75smile:

Apr 1, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #146,232 of 152,713

Say g’nite ORT. G’nite!

Ramble on man! You're truly one of a kind and I "preciate 'cha".

Apr 1, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #146,233 of 152,713
Red or Green, I miss being asked that question. Santa Fe beckons....
In the good eateries it is important to ask how hot the red and green are, since they make it fresh every day and there can be variances. This practice has saved my tongue from injury on a few occasions. :smile_cat:

Apr 1, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #146,234 of 152,713

It's also the reason I sprung for an Urd and not a streamer.

Thank me very much.
Its funny you say this because I have a few hundred CDs. I jumped on streaming my own music internally to my house.

Several times I have almost bought a good CD player and considered URD. On occasion I have network problems or hardware problems and it drives me nuts. But never enough to go back to physical CDs for my listening.

I keep wanting a nice Naim CD5SI or Rega Apollo, but just can't make myself spend that much for my backup listening solution.

Not saying one is better than another. Just my situation.

Although I get wanting to just listen and not deal with all the other stuff.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #146,235 of 152,713
Hey Schiit fans, have you downloaded the Schiit app yet? it is now available at Apple App Store ~~ :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back