Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 12, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #142,801 of 149,515
I was kidding (hence the use of the 😄 emoji). Apparently you failed to read or understand my follow-up post. I appreciate his skill and musicianship. I just don't appreciiate most of his music and hold nothing against those that do. A classic case of IMHO and YMMV. I'm glad you love some of his music and I know there are many that do like it all.

The world is a big place and music genres and styles is vast. Plenty of room for everyone and their preferences. I would never dislike anyone because of the music they love nor would I claim my tastes to be superior - even if it is not in my wheelhouse. I do not expect everyone to like what I like and would not take it personally if they stated so when I post a recommended artist or album.

I apologize if my joking came across as my taste in music being superior, but I won't apologize for my tastes. And I do not expect anyone else to either.
LOL, you accuse me of failing to read or understand and... I wasn't even quoting you, dude. My post was entirely about Pat Metheny's harsh comment toward Kenny G (I wasn't even addressing the guy that I quoted).

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #142,803 of 149,515
New to this. Not a headphone guy, but definitely a Schiit guy.

I am fortunate enough to have a large space to play in. We have an outbuilding that used to be a dog kennel, but is now a 16' X 40' mancave extraordinaire. I have a Freya S powered by a Vidar 2. Both discontinued now, apparently. Lol! They are driving a pair of Speakerlab K's (horns). Sounds unbelievable! Love the Schiit gear!

Thanks for letting me share,
Kyle
Vidar 2 discontinued?

In any case, if you believe that you need to replace your obsolete tech with some Tyrs. Nothing changes the sound of an electronic gadget more drastically than it hearing it's been replaced with the new kid in town....

P.S. Welcome and sorry for your wallet.

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #142,804 of 149,515
LOL, you accuse me of failing to read or understand and... I wasn't even quoting you, dude. My post was entirely about Pat Metheny's harsh comment toward Kenny G (I wasn't even addressing the guy that I quoted).
Ooopsie. Blame it on the margaritas. I've edited my post to reflect my misunderstanding and dumbassness.

I am a fan of Pat Metheny - does that make me a bad person? ☹️

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #142,805 of 149,515
During the George Szell era? When I began listening to classical music, I was drawn to his recordings and he quickly became one of my favorite conductors.
I'm not that old, thank heavens! He died before I would have gone to the first one, maybe '71? '72?

I keep meaning to get a copy of Cleveland Symphony Live at the Happy Dog Saloon....

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #142,810 of 149,515
No, that doesn't make you a bad person.
It's all those other things that make you a bad person! :sunglasses:
Well, that's a relief. 😄

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #142,812 of 149,515
Yeah. I suppose Finnegan's cell phone video of Bill 'dating' the dolls is probably worth more than the dolls are. 😒

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #142,813 of 149,515
I'm not a fan of Kenny G, but I really like a handful of tunes from him. I think they are really beautiful/touching melodies that bring a smile to my face, and that's what matters to me regardless all that conversation about being or not being jazz/pop/whatever.

In the other hand, I'm a huge Pat Metheny fan and I remember when I read his comments about Kenny G (that was long time ago) I really lost some respect for Pat. Crapping on other musicians not only make you look like a snob but it's also pretty harsh considering Kenny G (like many other musicians) is just doing his thing without messing with anyone.

The worst part is later Pat apologized for those comments, which made him look like a fool twice, cause nobody knows for sure if he was being sincere or not.

I can understand having that "my music taste is better than yours" attitude when you're 14 years old or so, but if you continue to act like that being a grown man, IMO there's something wrong with you. If on top of that, you're an amazing musician as Metheny, it's worse cause he should be the first one to realize the world is big enough to have as many musicians and styles coexisting without any issues.

Perhaps my opinion of Kenny G is colored by a radio interview I heard. He finished by playing a sample of music and stated no one else could play as fast and accurately as he could. IMO, he came off as an arrogant jerk. I could at least tolerate his music before that.

Your comments reminded me of a statement by Ritchie Blackmore where he slammed John McLaughlin and Carlos Santana because they played jazz and didn't have to play perfectly. I certainly understand your point of view.

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #142,814 of 149,515
Classic
hvBOfy7v2R9mXmTcQv9rGlOc5NRIVCmEIkacPQyGimQ.jpg

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #142,815 of 149,515
Does anyone think my wife will notice the new Gungnir? I tried hiding it under the Freya N 😂

(And yes, it's not a great picture, the sun is not helping at the moment.)
Just tell her that it is a cooling fan/spacer chassis.
Yeah. I suppose Finnegan's cell phone video of Bill 'dating' the dolls is probably worth more than the dolls are. 😒
You and Bill certainly have a lot of traits in common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back